Buying an EVO today

Last Updated:

1. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am not eligible for an upgrade so I thought that $500 wasn't too bad since the phone is $450 plus tax.

Anything i should be weary about? I haven't followed the news about this phone since I preordered it.

Advertisement
  2. Mistiq

Mistiq Well-Known Member

Well turns out there's an issue with the Google I/O phones, they have some type of problem where the card keeps gettind mounted and umounted or something like that.

From what I read in another forum, it's a software issue that only affects the Google I/O phones and it shouldnt be an issue with the phone for the general public.

I think you shuld wait, you're so close to Friday that it'd be a waste of money to get a phone that potentially has problems and has been played with by everybody when you can just wait a few days and get a brand new EVO (you lucky bastard)

3. plmiller0905

plmiller0905 Well-Known Member

Every Google I/O Evo does not have that problem or at least I havent had that problem or any problem for that matter. But maybe mine was just one of the luckless ones, who knows.

4. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

I called my local sprint store and they wouldn't even give me the retail price. Is anybody 100% on the actual retail price of this phone? Radioshack couldn't answer about the price either.

5. Bat~man

Bat~man Well-Known Member

I heard 450$ at sprint, 500$ at radio shack and 600$ at BestBuy.

I haven't seen anything to confirm so I'm a little skeptical.

6. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am posting from my evo! :O

7. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

yeah I am a little skeptical too. Maybe they will price it according to popularity since no one can answer the question at any stores I have called. If sprint can't answer, that makes me wonder. Then again the sprint reps in this area aren't up for employee of the month

8. ImmaSlave4U

ImmaSlave4U Well-Known Member

These are correct. Sprint's price was confirmed by their email. Shack's price was confirmed on their website. Best Buy's price was confirmed by an in-store display price tag. Those buying out of contract should go to a Sprint store, or RS. Best Buy, as usual, is the 'worst buy' for those buying out of contract.

9. Bat~man

Bat~man Well-Known Member

This is pretty much what I have been reading, just haven't seen for myself.

But I'm taking everyones word and if it is 450$ I will grab it, but I won't pay 600$ for it.

10. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Now that was quick! Congrats on your new toy.

;) :) :D

How about a lil review.