Buying and Selling a MagicSupport

Last Updated:

1. Quboid

Quboid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello :)

Short version: if I get an HTC Magic on a Vodafone UK contract, can I immediately unlock and resell it, and then use a different handset for the contract duration?

Long version: I intend to get an HTC Hero when it is released, however, Vodafone are by far the best network for my location and they aren't getting the Hero. This means a

Advertisement
  2. oohwee13

oohwee13 New Member

well im from australia, and i work for 3 mobile. we sell the htc magic. however when i bought the magic i had a sim card with the Optus network. because i knew the magic was unlocked, i bought it outright and then put my Optus sim card in it. worked fine, except had no internet. but like any phone, all u have to do is change the network settings for the phone and bobs ur uncle. so i googled the network settings for optus for the HTC dream (available on optus), and copied them into my magic. worked FINE! since then ive gotten rid of optus and im on 3, and when i put the 3 sim card in the phone all the settings automatically changed back =)

bottom line: htc magic comes unlocked. cos im pretty sure htc never lock their phones. and in terms of using internet with another carrier....every carrier has their own network settings, its just a matter of changing it on the phone itself...

hope this helps..

PEACE

3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Thanks for the informative post ... and

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

4. Shel

Shel Well-Known Member

How'd you know that?

Do you KNOW uncle Bob???

5. DanGrover

DanGrover Well-Known Member

I have a UK Magic on Vodaphone and because i was switching over from Orange, i had a few days before my service started. I used my Orange sim with no problems, all i had to do was bang in the Orange APN settings.

6. Quboid

Quboid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So the software she was talking about is the networks' settings for their APN? Is there any good way to find this info other than just googling the network and country and hoping for the best?