1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Buying Apps???

Last Updated:

1. rivercat123

rivercat123 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

All of the apps I've downloaded have been free but several I am interested in cost $.99 or $1.99 and when I click on these a screen comes up asking for credit card # and other info. Is this a one time setup or do you have to imput this info each time. Also is there a way to set up the account with a credit card using a computer.

Advertisement
  2. heimy25

heimy25 Active Member

Make a google checkout account through your primary gmail account on your phone. This will link it all up

edit - Sorry, should have said...make a google checkout account on your computer with all your billing info. Use the same gmail account that you used as your primary account on your hero.

checkout.google.com

3. pking

pking Well-Known Member

Ditto on what heimy25 said. If you do happen to do it through the phone, it is just a one-time thing. The same google account on your PC will also retain that data for google-checkout enabled websites.

I'm on the other fence about this - I'd almost prefer that it ask me to re-enter the data each time. Certainly, I'm going to end up buying some app I really didn't nead while sloshed, which could've been avoided by my inability to type in a string of numbers ;)

4. zim2704

zim2704 Well-Known Member

If you buy an app and have to reformat your phone and sd card do you have to buy them again?

5. heimy25

heimy25 Active Member

No. it is linked to your google account, so it will show that it was purchased and you can redownload

6. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

Not if you use the same log in Gmail account.

7. rivercat123

rivercat123 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I set it up and it works great. The ones I bought said I had 24 hrs to try them out and uninstall if I didn't want them at no charge. Do they all give you this option?

8. pking

pking Well-Known Member

Yes, it's currently Google's policy to allow at least a 24 hour window for returns in the Market.

Note that you'll have to log into your Google Checkout account on your computer to request a refund however, simply uninstalling will not automatically refund you.

9. Kirby

Kirby Member

Ok I'm confused. I have a google checkout account, used it successfully to buy google storage. but when I go into a paid app to buy it on my phone, I get invalid credit card. Its like my phone has not synced up with google checkout and does not know about the checkout info. Any hints?

10. romeosidvicious

romeosidvicious Well-Known Member

The app store has an un-install and refun button which does refund your purchase without further interaction in the first 24 hours. You get an e-mail confirmation almost immediately after "returning" the app.

11. Kirby

Kirby Member

Nevermind on my question above. It would appear that either the Market doesnt like AMEX, or the program author does not accept AMEX. Put in a MC and everything worked fine.

12. chunkxzor

chunkxzor Member

Well I made a thread earlier that was answered by this one, thank you guys, hopefully i can delete my old thread :)

13. Ivan Chan

Ivan Chan Member

Hi Kirby,

Glad that worked for you! I've been having the same problem and it's been irritating because Google Checkout works with AMEX elsewhere and it's supposed to pay the merchant with money withdrawn from whatever we provide in our accounts.

Ah well, technology. :)

Thanks for posting!

Ivan