buying droid and eris, need tech adviceGeneral

Last Updated:

1. homeboyslim

homeboyslim New Member This Topic's Starter

I am about to get the Droid and the Eris through Verizon (get one free deal), the Eris is for my wife, separate line joint account. My question is we are coming from the iphone where our calenders and contacts and all were always synced up. Will I have a problem doing this with these two phones or would it be easier if they were both Droids or both Eris?
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. thelion

thelion Well-Known Member

They both use Google Calendar so you should be able to sync them up regardless of the phones not being the same. The concern might come in with just how you will sync since you both will probably want individual gmail accounts (or your contacts risk getting muddled).

3. dave.helm

dave.helm Active Member

What about Outlook (home and work ) accounts?

4. ggangi

ggangi Well-Known Member

You will want separate gmail accounts. Not for the calendar but for the contacts. Up until we purchased our Eris's we used only one gmail account for our calendar. We synced both phones up to the one account. Google synced our contacts on both phones. I started deleting my wifes contacts. She started deleting my contacts, not realizing that we were deleting them from each others phones as well.

You can always share each others calendars.

5. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

This is exactly how to do it. Share your google calendar with her and have her do the same. When you update your calendar it will sync with her google calendar and then sync with her phone. If you need more indepth directions, ask.