• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buying Nexus 5 in the UK

I live outside the UK but want to purchase an N5 and have it send to a friend for forwarding. Tried to use play via proxy - no luck (its clever) & missed the CPW simfree cash offer. Are there any other retailers that will accept CC or Bank Transfer for a sim free 16gb black N5 and send to a UK address ?

My 'Friend' is just a busy freight forwarding company - would never want to give them that hassle. Instead I am looking at a Motorola G which is easily available via Amazon is much cheaper and seems to give the N5 a run for its money. Only major negative being lack of LTE but with most phones having an active life of a year or two at best and LTE not really off the ground just yet, I think I may wait until the next phone swap for LTE, save money and go for a Motorola for now

http://androidforums.com/motorola-moto-g/794721-now-introducing-moto-g.html

Upvote 0
2 options

1. rent a cheap UK VPS
2. find someone who can lend you one

I used to give people living abroad a 30 minutes slot on my server, but it didn't take long until someone wasn't happy that I cut him off after 30 minutes that he started to DDOS that server (not that I care - I can simply change its IP) - but therefore I won't help people any more.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones