General Buying Nexus 5 in the UK

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scribley9, Nov 21, 2013.

1. scribley9

scribley9 Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Portugal
    I live outside the UK but want to purchase an N5 and have it send to a friend for forwarding. Tried to use play via proxy - no luck (its clever) & missed the CPW simfree cash offer. Are there any other retailers that will accept CC or Bank Transfer for a sim free 16gb black N5 and send to a UK address ?

Advertisement

2. charliecc

charliecc Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Why not just transfer the money to your friend and get then to buy it on Google Play?

3. scribley9

scribley9 Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Portugal
    My 'Friend' is just a busy freight forwarding company - would never want to give them that hassle. Instead I am looking at a Motorola G which is easily available via Amazon is much cheaper and seems to give the N5 a run for its money. Only major negative being lack of LTE but with most phones having an active life of a year or two at best and LTE not really off the ground just yet, I think I may wait until the next phone swap for LTE, save money and go for a Motorola for now

http://androidforums.com/motorola-moto-g/794721-now-introducing-moto-g.html

4. Gomjaba

Gomjaba Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2012
    2 options

1. rent a cheap UK VPS
    2. find someone who can lend you one

I used to give people living abroad a 30 minutes slot on my server, but it didn't take long until someone wasn't happy that I cut him off after 30 minutes that he started to DDOS that server (not that I care - I can simply change its IP) - but therefore I won't help people any more.

Tags: