Buying SGS2 from Dial-A-Phone? HELP!General

1. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

I was going to get a Samsung galaxy S2 as an Orange upgrade from Dial-A-Phone (Who are owned by Phones 4U)... However I haven't done it yet because i'm not sure if their phones are locked and I really do not want a locked or branded handset.

I need to know as soon as possible because I want to get the phone but does anyone know if phones from Dial-A-Phone are unlocked and unbranded like Carphone Warehouse & mobiles.co.uk? I asked the guy on the phone and he wasnt sure, even checked but said he cannot confirm it.

Anyone had any phones from Dial-A-Phone, or a SGS2 from there? on orange maybe?

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. aceominous

aceominous Well-Known Member

Yeah they are 100% unlocked and unbranded ive had a couple of phones from them including my recent galaxy s2 :D
  3. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

ah cool, cheers mate :) - have they ALL been totally unlocked and unbranded then? cos i really dont wanna get it and find its branded cos i hate branding lol
  4. aceominous

Yeah mate all my phones from them have been unlocked, plus family and friends have also had unlocked handsets.
  5. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

okay, was that from Dial-A-Phone? (Or phones 4U?), & Was it an upgrade & what network? (Sorry for all the questions :))
  6. aceominous

i got my sgs2 on a new contract from dail a phone which is on 02 but have also got a desire on orange from cpw.
  7. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

do u rekon i should risk getting it from dial a phone? cos its an amazing deal but i just dont want a branded phone
  8. daz_2000

daz_2000 Well-Known Member

You've been told several times there unbranded phones from dial a phone, now man up and place the order! ;)
  9. aceominous

i would mate, i very much doubt you would get a branded handset, but if your not sure mate id stick with car phone warehouse atleast then you no for definite it will be unbranded.
  10. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

haha alright lol, its just i was told by the guy at dialaphone that he cannot gaurantee its unbranded, also some other rep from there said 9 times out of ten they are unbranded and i know im probably being silly but i dont want a branded phone for the next 2 years :/
  11. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

and yeah i know CPW are but they have the
  12. aceominous

or well just bite the bullet and order mate :D
  13. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

lol yeah i think im gonna ;) that deal is excellent and by the sounds of it, it will be unbranded. thanks a lot for ya advice buddy :)
  14. aceominous

haha after all this you will probably get a branded handset :D
  15. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

BLOODY HELL! Dont say that lol. hahaha xD
  16. skimminstones

skimminstones Well-Known Member

just order it, if its branded you have the 7 day distance selling regs to return it anyway
  17. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

Yeah i am ordering it :) - not sure if u will know, but will it come with a new SIM card do u think (Its an orange upgrade)
  18. skimminstones

as far as im aware you need a new sim on orange upgrades but dont quote me on that.
  19. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

ah okay, thats what i thought. i spoke to them and aparently if i get it and its branded i cant return, just to exchange :/
  20. skimminstones

as far as im aware thats illegal. Distance selling regs state you have 7 days to change your mind no matter what.

Be different if you got it from a shop
  21. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

hmm he said they cannot advise it but they could do it, however it would only be to exchange for another phone, i could not return it or cancel the upgrade which i thought was a bit crap
  22. evohicks

evohicks Well-Known Member

Got mine from Phones 4 U and its totally unbranded/unlocked.
  23. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

cool cheers
  24. MISS DIVA

MISS DIVA Well-Known Member

Have you ordered it.....yet lol:D
  25. ajh94

ajh94 Well-Known Member

yeahh lol i ordered it this morning :p