buying the Desire from buymobilephones.net and similar sites ?

Last Updated:

1. qprjim

qprjim Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'M REALLY NOT TOO SURE WHAT TO DO......... I've been with 3uk now for roughly 3 and a half years now, having had 2 nokia (N73 + N95 8GB) contracts in that time as well as taking out a new contract on the HTC Hero at the end of december. After having problems connecting to the internet on the Hero in the area i live and large parts of London (never a problem with the nokia's), i decided to send the Hero back and wait till 3uk brought out a newer android phone. So currently, i'm using the Nokia N95 8GB on the Hero contract with the option of cancelling that contract at the end of every month. With 3 now having the Desire, i've gave them a couple of calls to see what deal i can get on it. Turns out not-a-lot. The Desire isn't avaliable to me on my tariff (i'm paying

Advertisement
  2. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

buy it sim free and get a sim only deal. Stuff three. I can't stand their call centres.

3. chowhuskylass

chowhuskylass Well-Known Member

I just left 3 i also had N95 8gb i bought through mobilephonesdiect with a t-mobile contract of 300 min 300 texts unlimited web for

qprjim likes this.
  4. qprjim

cheers for the reply. Buying it sim free would prob mean me spending more money in the long run, as i normally use 500-700 mins a month (don't do texts) as well as the internet. Make you 100% right about 3's call centers. As lovely as they are, i bloody carn't understand a word they say half the time.

5. qprjim

6. qprjim

silly me, just seen u live in manchester which won't affect me anyway. Just wondering now how people find the tmobile coverage in and around the london area and if tmobile provides the best coverage. I know u can check all networks coverage on their sites,but what they say and do..........

7. confuzzled

confuzzled Well-Known Member

I too was in the same boat pal, I was unsure about these website but after reading on these forums how many people had ordered from them and had ordered from them in the past with no trouble in convinced me to use mobilephonesdirect.co.uk. My order is "Ready to dispatch" so i am guessing that means it will be sent to me in the next day or 2, I will get back to you on how they were an what they are like.

8. confuzzled

I too was in the same boat pal, I was unsure about these website but after reading on these forums how many people had ordered from them and had ordered from them in the past with no trouble in convinced me to use mobilephonesdirect.co.uk. My order is "Ready to dispatch" so i am guessing that means it will be sent to me in the next day or 2, I will get back to you on how they were an what they are like.

9. confuzzled

Oops double post

10. ldn-j

ldn-j Well-Known Member

I've bought from buymobilephones before - hassle free, the changeover process has been easy though I've only done upgrades.

However, check about the cashback as you may have to send your bill & if you do send it recorded as my gf was told they never received it so she couldn't have her cashback when she had a similar deal in the past.

11. qprjim

cheers for the reply's boy's and girl's. I've checked the coverage maps on all the networks and i think i may go with Orange. T-Mobile still seem to have quite a lot of blank spots where'as the Orange map for the whole of london, seems to be, well orange. Seems with the amount of mins i want to use a month, I'm looking at

12. qprjim

took the plunge with the above contract and have opt'd for a sat del from royal mail, as i will be beering it up tomorrow for St George's Day from the early afternoon and could'nt take the chance of not being in when they delivered. ROLL ON SATURDAY..... Cheers for all the advice [​IMG]