Buying the IncredibleGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Nicks

Nicks Active Member This Topic's Starter

went to my local verizon store and they told me that they will have the incredibles in Monday. He told me he was going to sell me it for 299 with the 100$ rebate and the 2yr plan. Is he tricking me cause I saw them at 199 online? suggestions if I should buy it or not

Advertisement
  2. FierceDeityLink1

FierceDeityLink1 Well-Known Member

In-store, the $100 off is a mail-in rebate (and I believe you get a pre-paid Visa card).

Online, it's $100 off instantly. Also, there's a promo code SMART30 that you may be able to use. Downside is that it's sold out...

3. itype2slo

itype2slo Well-Known Member

The rebate is instant online and mail in in the store. So, there is no trick.. Get it in store if you can, because you could be looking at not getting it until 5/14 with the online order.

4. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

If you order it online, the mail-in-rebate (the 100 dollars you're getting from the VZW store) is instant.

5. Nicks

I made a mistake I think I ment to write he is going to sell it for 399 with 100 rebate , so that's 299. Sry writing on laggy iPod touch

6. armoredsaint

armoredsaint Well-Known Member

well he is ripping you off, is it an independent dealer or corporate store? i got mine for $149.99 as it replaced my bb tour that's only a year old.

7. Nicks

I don't quite remember. Ill check tomorrow. If it's independent dealer he can rip me off if he wants? If it's not what should I tell him

8. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Yes he is overcharging you. I'd go to a different store, preferably a corporate store, if he does not give you a fair price.

9. bigvinny

bigvinny Well-Known Member

If that's for 2 Year plan, then yeah, overcharging by $100. Sounds like an independent dealer trying to make quick profit out of current shortage (local Verizon corporate store is all sold out, with no new shipment for 2 weeks; clerks were wearing black "Droid Incredible" Shirts, and they were genuinely amazed that I walked into the store with actual thing; went to get black silicone case).

10. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

We have 3 independent Verizon stores here and each and every one of them do the exact same thing. Not only that but they have their own contract stipulations and ETF fees that you have to abide to in addition to Verizons. BE CAREFUL

11. zanza

zanza Well-Known Member

2 year contract should be $199 max

may be a third party store