• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buying Verizon, but what plan is best for my needs?

Right now I'm on a 2 year contract with Verizon. I already have the option to upgrade my phone, but my contract ends in December. I want to buy the LG G2, but I'm afraid something else will come out in less than a year and I'll want that. Here are my options:

1. Renew 2-year contract + G2 @ $199

2. Verizon "Edge" Program: I can buy a G2, no money down, but make payments of $25/month on it. I can't switch phones until I pay off half of the current value of the G2 (~$600 / 2 = $300). So basically, I have to own it for a year before I can upgrade to another phone. Supposedly you get some kind of a trade-in value when you upgrade to another phone. At the point of upgrade, you can choose to any plan (2 year, Edge, or month-month).

3. Month-month. Buy the G2 for $600, and hope to later sell it for some money and put that money toward a newer phone. How much do you think I could get from a LG G2 in mint condition in 2014? I think whoever buys it has to stay with Verizon, if I'm not mistaken.

What do you think is the best option?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones