• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buzzing/Popping sound when using headphones

DesertBee

Lurker
Sep 13, 2011
On my Nexus S 4G, this seems to be a problem only when using headphones (happens with both pairs of headphones I have tried), not with the speaker.

While listening to music, I get a buzzing sound intermittently through the headphones. Duration of one second or less. Sometimes it's rather frequent, other times it's a few minutes or more in between. It does not seem to be related to the positioning of the plug or anything obviously "physical."

Anyone else have this issue? Is my phone defective and I should try to get it addressed while the phone is just a few weeks old?:thinking:

On my Nexus S 4G, this seems to be a problem only when using headphones (happens with both pairs of headphones I have tried), not with the speaker.

While listening to music, I get a buzzing sound intermittently through the headphones. Duration of one second or less. Sometimes it's rather frequent, other times it's a few minutes or more in between. It does not seem to be related to the positioning of the plug or anything obviously "physical."

Anyone else have this issue? Is my phone defective and I should try to get it addressed while the phone is just a few weeks old?:thinking:

Hey there,

I have the opposite problem, headphones are perfectly fine but when I connect a jack to my stereo I get a loud buzz and barely any audio. Not sure if it's the way the nexus manages line-out/headphone detection... I've got the nexus collab ROM on mine. Are you using vanilla?

Anyone else experiencing this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones