• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buzzing speaker

davey_b

Nov 20, 2009
The last few days the speaker where you put your ear (as opposed to the one on the back for speaker phone) has been tinny and buzzing when you speak to someone. Sounds like the thing's a bit broken. Called vodafone and they're going to send me an envelope to send it to them to get it fixed but it'll take 7 days and I'm not sure how I'll survive without my hero for 7 days.... :thinking:

Sorted!!!! A good blast of air from the compresser at work and buzzing is gone!!

That's a lot of air pressure for a very small device. I had a problem with the same speaker. I took it into the Sprint store (US) and had it fixed in 20 minutes, they even cleaned the inside on the glass screen where a bit of dust collected. My problem was likely caused by me accidentally dropping the phone in a full glass of water. It was submerged for at least 5 seconds. Took it out and pulled it apart and dried it in my laundry dryer. Works perfectly... except for that small speaker issue, bu that is fixed...

Upvote 0
That's a lot of air pressure for a very small device. I had a problem with the same speaker. I took it into the Sprint store (US) and had it fixed in 20 minutes, they even cleaned the inside on the glass screen where a bit of dust collected. My problem was likely caused by me accidentally dropping the phone in a full glass of water. It was submerged for at least 5 seconds. Took it out and pulled it apart and dried it in my laundry dryer. Works perfectly... except for that small speaker issue, bu that is fixed...

Hey apesa, just to let you know we have a seperate section here for all CDMA Heroes (such as Sprint ones). They are actually different phones to the ones we have here in the GSM section, hence the separation.

Upvote 0
OK, started buzzing a bit again (but not as bad as before) so sent it back to vodafone. Got it back today saying they couldn't fix it since I had installed a custom ROM on it... :( Seems a bit strange as one would thing that it's a hardware issue.

Anyway, looks like I'll just have to cope with it for a few months. Anyone know how easy it is to open up a Hero to look and see if there is something stuck in there?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones