• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root By Far the Easiest Way to Root your Eris!

Levi5488

Lurker
Feb 8, 2011
I found this method to be by far the easiest way to root you HTC Eris. It worked for me perfectly. And I've used it for all my friends with Eris's.

Directions:

1. On your phone, open the Android Market.

2. Search "1 click root" by pressing the search button.

3. Locate the app called "HTC Eris 1 Click Root App"

4. Download and install that app to your phone.

5. Open the app after it installs

6. There will be a button that says "I agree, root me"

7. Follow the directions listed on the screen.

Congratultions! You're phone should now be successfully rooted!

Notes:

- When you read the app description in the market it says it is a "try before you buy" app. And that you must donate to an organization after a period of time. I deleted the 1 click root app and never was told to donate.

i have used the .apk and the market app. they are the same,and both work just fine. the market version is a lil simpler to download and open.

anyone who uses either method should be aware that just becasue its easy to use does not mean you should not read and do research.

most of the questions you have after rooting are answered in the once click app thread and the sticky "rooting for dummines" thread. many people run the app and then are like "now what??" ;)

my advice would be to read thru both threads(and any other you come across) before downloading and using a 1 click app.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So after months of bothering me about it, I finally decided to root my sister's phone for her. ( I did mine the old fashioned way through adb when the method was first discovered) I figured this would be the easiest way to do it, but when I d/l the app from the market, I get "Installation error: Package file was not signed correctly". Is there any way to get around this? I really don't feel like doing it the hard way again. :thinking:

Upvote 0
I downloaded the apk and opened it through astro file viewer. Everything seems to be working fine so far. Doing a nand backup before I try to flash xtrsense.

*edit* All is running well on xtrsense now, but I'm still curious as to why the app from the market wouldn't install. Anyway, there were some priceless comments there from people that didn't have any business playing with root. They always make everything worth it in the end :D

Upvote 0
So after months of bothering me about it, I finally decided to root my sister's phone for her. ( I did mine the old fashioned way through adb when the method was first discovered) I figured this would be the easiest way to do it, but when I d/l the app from the market, I get "Installation error: Package file was not signed correctly". Is there any way to get around this? I really don't feel like doing it the hard way again. :thinking:

I downloaded the apk and opened it through astro file viewer. Everything seems to be working fine so far. Doing a nand backup before I try to flash xtrsense.

*edit* All is running well on xtrsense now, but I'm still curious as to why the app from the market wouldn't install. Anyway, there were some priceless comments there from people that didn't have any business playing with root. They always make everything worth it in the end :D

My first thought was that perhaps the download did not finish completely or correctly. A quick Google search yielded a few solutions, mostly involving un-installing, and then re-downloading and re-installing.

There's also this Google thread re. this issue:

Error when installing - Package file was not signed correctly - Android Market Help

Plus several others that speak of trying to install a second copy of an app signed with different keys, etc.

keytool - Published Android apk gives error "Package file was not signed correctly" - Stack Overflow

Sounds like you got it squared-away, though...;)

Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones