Bye Bye IDENGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-02-05 13:44:20
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Well-Known Member

I got the Motorola Admiral and the new Sprint Direct Connect works great accross CDMA to IDEN. This is a great cross over device and my hats off to Motorola and Sprint. I loved IDEN and it was great back in it's day. But now it's time to move on. My company has over 400 phones with Sprint and IDEN and we will be staying with them for now and switching our phones to CDMA with Sprint Direct Connect.

Advertisement
  2. catpowrd

catpowrd Well-Known Member

Have you tried it on roam yet? We tried one of the older Q-chat phones some time back and had to switch back to iden because the V950 would not PTT once you lost signal had to reboot phone to use PTT everytime we lost the cdma signal or roamed was time to reboot. Was hoping the Admiral would be better.
  3. SurrealOne

FYI
    Q-Chat was a major bust we did give it a go and also had to switch back. I have not tried it on roam yet. But I can tell you the new version that is now called Sprint Direct Connect is way better and also with Q-Chat you HAD to be in REV A or it did not work. The good news is the new version I have been told works even in roam mode and even 1x(also known as REV.0) mode :)
  4. catpowrd

We have Rev A here so Q-chat worked ok untill you dropped the signal in a weak spot then no more Q-chat till you rebooted like a 10 times a day. That lasted two weeks and back to iden, the moto I1 was ok but outdated android 1.5. Should get my new admirals setup in the morning.
  5. SurrealOne

Good luck and please report back and tell us what you think about the new Motorola Admiral. Thanks
  6. ecoopsh

ecoopsh New Member

Bought husband the Admiral for the direct connect and retired the Nextel dinosaur. It's all kinds of trouble so far...help!

His Admiral is "picking up" what I DO on my NOT direct connect phone. I enter a contact, it shows up on his phone too. We do have many of the same contacts - but MY regular phone numbers over-ride his two way contacts. The only 2-way numbers that will work on his phone are the contacts I DON'T have in my phone.

Also - my e-mail is showing up in his phone. Hopefully something simple - Does he need to set up his OWN gmail account or something so it will quit reading mine?

Anybody think a complete wipe and reinstall from his old Nextel contacts would help? Thanks!
  7. rheller219

rheller219 Member

yes...its syncing your gmail account with his phone. Probably pulled all the contacts from your gmail and put them in his phone...
  8. SurrealOne

Yes but you will need to wipe his phone and start over with the setup. And only use his gmail acccount. go to settings privacy factory data reset put a check in both boxes and reset phone.
  9. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

She doesn't have to factory reset. Just pull off the Google accounts and clear the phonebook, then resync HIS contacts only.
  10. SurrealOne

How do you clear all the contacts? 1 at a time?
  11. IOWA

No. Menu -> Settings> Applications > Contacts (Or moto's equivlent APK, not sure the name) Clear cache/data and clear defaults.
    SurrealOne likes this.
  12. SurrealOne

Ok I still say for a clean install and setup it's best to start from scratch but it's really up to the user. But thanks for the heads up.
  13. IOWA

Theres no reason to erase EVERYTHING just to clear out the contacts =P. It's like formatting your computer when all you need to do is uninstall one program.
  14. SurrealOne

Yes like I said it is a matter of Personal preference. And yes If I had a program eating all my Data you bet I would do a back up and format the drive I do it all the time. I like to clean my drive at least 1 time every year. We can go on forever on this topic(not even on topic thread was hijacked long ago)but we should let people do what they think is best and just share our option. You have shared yours and I have shared mine. Thank you
  15. TheGreatGazoo

TheGreatGazoo Active Member

Does anyone know if using this phone can you direct connect to someone with using the iden phones? if not are there any plans for sprint to do this while the switch CDMA net is compleate.
  16. SurrealOne

Yes this is a Sprint Direct connect device and yes it does connect to IDEN. Great cross over phone.
    TheGreatGazoo likes this.
  17. TheGreatGazoo

Cool then its worth me to get the MOTOROLA ADMRIAL instead of the MOTOROLA TITANIUM.
  18. SurrealOne

FOR SURE
    The Titanium is bigger and older IDEN the Admiral is newer and better Sprint direct connect.
    TheGreatGazoo likes this.
  19. TheGreatGazoo

cool thanks very much for the info.
  20. catpowrd

We have a couple admirals and they are nice phones only problem is sometimes if you roam for a while dc will not work once returning to sprint. Reboot fixes problem but a pain.
  21. SurrealOne

DC will not work when roaming with Sprint to IDEN phone but it will work with Sprint to Sprint direct connect.
  22. catpowrd

Well on my admirals they do not DC while roaming and sometimes do not dc after returning from roam to sprint. When ever I roam I get an icon next to the signal meter with red through it and DC will not work. When back on sprint sometimes red icon stays and no DC untill reboot.
  23. SurrealOne

If it happens again just try turning the radio off and back on. hope that helps
  24. catpowrd

Airplane mode does not bring back DC have to reboot. I sure wish Sprint would fix this problem, I like the phones just wish DC would work. At least with the old iden system when you came back into a nextel area you could use DC again, but not with this sprint crap, have to reboot this junk all the time. Its fine if you never roam off of sprint.
  25. SurrealOne