• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help bye bye, lock screen

Trusted places. I'm not sure if it's just an HTC thing though.

If the Patriots lose I'm switching to LG.

I think 'Smart Lock' is available on most, if not all, devices running Android 5.0 onwards.

I have it enabled on my M9 for both 'Trusted places' and 'On-body detection', and it works perfectly, allowing wake up with a single swipe while at home or out and about with the phone in my possession but still retaining the lock function at all other times.

:)

Reactions: Bg260
Upvote 0
The thief would have to take it from my hand or pocket which also applies to my wallet and as far as I'm concerned I take the necessary precautions to prevent either from happening.

Screenshot_20170115-135342.png

;)

Reactions: msalim0971
Upvote 0
Settings>Security>Screen Lock = None
Even if you disable the screen lock, you still have to swipe before using your phone.
Might vary between phones. I can select "None" and not have to swipe, when turning the screen on it's immediately on the home screen.

Upvote 0
Settings >security >lock screen. I'm unable to select ANYTHING other than password and fingerprint. How do I unlock and access SWIPE only?
The other options for your lock screen can be greyed out for several reasons:

Having multiple accounts on the phone
Using encryption
If an app is also using that password
And maybe others

If it's from an app no longer being used but still on the phone you can try clearing the apps cache, then see if None is still greyed out.

Clear an apps cache:
1. Go to Settings -> Apps
2. Tap the app
3. Tap Clear Cache
4. You can also tap Clear Data if you're not using app at all.

Upvote 0
Ron64Settings >security >lock screen. I'm unable to select ANYTHING other than password and fingerprint. How do I unlock and access SWIPE only?
The other options for your lock screen can be greyed out for several reasons:

Having multiple accounts on the phone
Using encryption
If an app is also using that password
And maybe others

If it's from an app no longer being used but still on the phone you can try clearing the apps cache, then see if None is still greyed out.

Clear an apps cache:
1. Go to Settings -> Apps
2. Tap the app
3. Tap Clear Cache
4. You can also tap Clear Data if you're not using app at all.

I had device admin ON. Settings> security > other security. Admin toggle OFF. that worked. Thank you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones