Bye Ya'llGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jen8112

jen8112 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I just couldn't get used to the touchscreen. Other than that the phone was great (especially after the CL14 update). Got my new Blackberry today and will be selling my Moment on ebay (jenniferd3728 if your interested). So bye guys and good luck! :)

Advertisement
  2. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

seriously? it has a trackpad and keyboard... the touchscreen is a pretty big BONUS lol.. but hey BB are nice i guess

3. jen8112

lol I loved the Moment but just couldn't deal with muting and hanging up on people anymore. Also my kids always had to use it on speakerphone so THEY wouldn't hang up on people. Just didn't fit ME and my lifestyle I guess. Wonder if they will come out with an Android phone that ISN'T touchscreen...probably not though! ;)

4. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

a few odd companies are coming out with phones with the BB look but running android... i have no clue where they will be released though :)

5. jen8112

Hmmm... maybe by the time for my next upgrade, November I think. ;)

6. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the bummer deal is all those "Copies" are coming on GSM networks only with most of the US 3G bands disabled. If you are here, you're probably on Sprint where you can't get an unlocked GSM device on to the network.

7. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Haha, I have a 4 year old boy. He can't hold and talk on my Hero or my wifes Moment, I feel your pain.

jen8112 likes this.
  8. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

haha, we could've removed those buttons for you. nonetheless, good luck and thanks for all your help!

jen8112 likes this.
  9. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

I just went from a BB Curve 8330 to my Moment. Glad I upgraded. I understand with you getting sick of muting people, or putting them on speaker by accident. We already put our daughter on speaker phone since she likes to push buttons though.

10. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

look forward to having ya back at some point :)

jen8112 likes this.
  11. caspertodd

caspertodd Well-Known Member

Bye! Hopefully you didn't get the BB Storm...cause if you did, then we will see you back here shortly :D

12. NewAndroidUser

NewAndroidUser Active Member

Good luck Jen. I can't see myself without a touchscreen anymore....I hope it works out for you. :)

jen8112 likes this.
  13. jen8112

Thanks guys I really appreciate it. I'll probably be back at some point in time because I really do like the Android OS but it's back to a BB for me for now (a Curve 8530 BTW). ;)

14. momentoid

momentoid Well-Known Member

15. jen8112

16. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Hey Jen, good luck with the BB. Hope to see you back on an Android phone soon... Cheers!

jen8112 likes this.
  17. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

My wife just picked up that phone yesterday and she LOVES it:D
    She accidentally dropped her Palm Treo and busted the screen. I was able to use the blackberry software to rip all the contacts and scheduled stuff from her Treo with the shattered screen over to the blackberry.

It seems like it's a great phone, except for the surprising difficulty of adding new contacts (takes about 4-5 menu steps rather than 1 click). It definitely suits her well and I'm not surprised that you switched to it. Plus, Pandora runs flawlessly (she's so excited about that).

Feel free to come back once Android works out its bugs. I don't blame you for seeking more stability in your phone:p

jen8112 likes this.
  18. joecontreras

joecontreras New Member

When will you be putting it up on Ebay? I just received my Moment last week (Upgraded from the Touch Pro 2) and love it so much better than the Touch and would like to get one for my wife. Can't upgrade hers until August so if I can find one reasonably elsewhere I will go that route.

19. jen8112

I will probably put it up on Sunday for 7 days with buy it now and best offer. I have 7 cases, a full Invisible Shield type skin and a pink blue tooth to go with it. I will post again once it's on. :)

20. acp

acp Well-Known Member

check out the first sentence in this article...crazy stuff

BlackBerry Storm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

enjoy the BB, I know if I didn't enjoy surfing the web so much on my phone I would also look at BB's. I especially like the Curve 8530 and Bold 9700. I know BB has a new webkit, I wonder if you can upgrade when it is released?

21. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

sounds like your phone has a bad proximity sensor. Bummer.

I have wanted a touchscreen for a long time, its been maddening in the past trying to click links and stuff that are RIGHT THERE ON THE SCREEN but the stupid mobile interface required me to move a cursor around clumsily.

I just wish my phone would have the functionality of an iphone in terms of not as many app hiccups and multi-touch.

22. pickup1

pickup1 Well-Known Member

they have a classifieds here too...

23. DCUnited*Fan

DCUnited*Fan Member

Does anyone know how to do this? Anyone have replacement for the in-call screen?

Would love to keep the functionality but maybe make the buttons sliders instead.

Sometimes my lock screen app helps, and sometimes it does not. Prximity sensor seems fine, but for various reasons, like when I get a text the screen comes on again.

24. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

Um, first off, in the manual it says to hold the phone about an inch from your face and ear (I know hard to hear so we all push it against our ears) but you don't have to eat the mic to talk. If you are having issues with the sensor, try putting the ear piece against your ear and pull the mic about an inch away from your face.

Works perfect for me!

25. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

It's hard to explain that to a 3-4 year old kid.