1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Byebye X, Byebye Verizon (sort of)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chmodx

chmodx Well-Known Member

Read this today:
    Verizon Wireless to scrap unlimited plans for 4G users - Yahoo! News

Officially no reason to stick with Verizon anymore. When September comes around, I'll be moving onto AT&T, and at least then I can just buy Google phones direct for $400 no contract.

Boo on you Verizon. My X had a good run, but there's no value to continue paying what I do after my contract.

Advertisement
    :
  2. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

everyone says boo on Verizon yet most other carriers already do this. We all knew this was coming. The way i look at it "for some people at least" If i have to pay for tiered data...i'd want to do it with the company that has the best coverage which in my case is VZW.
  3. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

+1 I'm actually looking forward to the data sharing plans and will probably hold out until they are available. My wife and I combined don't use 2GB/month, so I'll be happy to give up our unlimited plans to save $30/month.
    trophynuts and quickaudi like this.
  4. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

yeah, probably same here
    trophynuts likes this.
  5. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

I'm seriously considering youwillswitch.com
  6. jasondhsd

jasondhsd Well-Known Member

I've seen you in multiple threads defending this move, I can only conclude that you work for Verizon PR. What other carriers do this already? As far as I know Verizon is the first carrier to stop unlimited for grandfathered users. What happened to customer loyalty? I've been paying about $140 or more for unlimited for the past 5yrs and I know people who have stayed with verizon solely because they were grandfathered in on some older plan and didn't want to lose it.
  7. trophynuts

I can assure you i don't work for VZW lol.

Doesn't AT&T and TMo already do tiered data?
    colchiro likes this.
  8. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Unless it is $60+ for 2GB/month, I'll pay less.
  9. lennydude

lennydude Well-Known Member

Do yourself a big favor and try Page Plus Cellular. I left VZW and now have my Droid X on PP and for $40 a month i get unlimited voice, unlimited text, and 100mb of data (which i never use anyhow).
    Only issue with PP is they do not allow 4G phones so you are limited.

I also recently bought a HTC One X. AT&T is far better in my area than VZW. I get about 6 times more d/load speed. I am however on Straight Talk, NOT AT&T. If you bring your own AT&T phone and buy a sim for it, you use AT&T towers. I ordered a sim card and plan, it took 10 minutes and i am up and running with ALL unlimited including data. They do so i am told want you to stay at 2gb or less data per month. Again, never would ever get there :) The One X has been totally wide open since i got it and on day 11 i have only used 248mb of data :)
  10. jasondhsd

jasondhsd Well-Known Member

Yeah and so has verizon for the past year. The fact that there ending grandfathering of unlimited data is something new and that's what we are complaining about.
  11. trophynuts

agentc13 likes this.
  12. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

trophynuts likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.