• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BYOD questions

alfick3

Android Expert
Feb 7, 2011
DFW, TX
Ok, so I am really thinking about T-Mo's BYOD program due to the new Nexus 4 coming out. I am currently with MetroPCS and have been very happy. I have some questions though. I've been looking at their website and am not really finding good info. When I click on the BYOD it shows a family plan @ $59.99/line per month. What do I get for that? How many minutes, data, etc? When I look at the other value plans, they all talk about a 2 year contract. I'm not interested in that. I want to get a Nexus 4, get my microsim card from T-Mo and pay month to month. Can this be done? What are the prices, etc?

Thank you very much in advance.

FYI, the "Value" plans are also priced around you either bringing your own device, or buying one at full price. The only downside is they require a 2-year contract. They used to just require you to pay an activation fee, which was a lot more attractive. I'm not sure why they changed that.

Value plans are basically Classic plans, but without the markup to cover subsidizing a device.

Monthly 4G (prepaid, no contract) is the way I'd go, but if they don't have a plan that does it for you, you may want to check out the Value ones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones