• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BYOD so easy

Drogyn

Android Enthusiast
Jul 30, 2012
Well.. I can happily announce that Ting's BYOD is just as quick easy and painless as activating a phone you bought through them.

Yesterday I received a phone I purchased on ebay to replace my other handset which frankly had just gotten too slow to use.
A quick phone call (because I needed to switch the number over rather than adding a line I didn't want to risk messing it up) and a quick phone reset and voila! My new (used) phone is working perfectly on ting.

While there is some risk in buying electronics off ebay you should be fine as long as you check that the phone has a clean ESN (and you make sure it is an accepted device).

I got really lucky and managed to snag a mint condition Galaxy S2 Epic Touch for only $78, less than half the price of a phone from glyde.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones