Bypass Activation Screen?Support

Last Updated:

1. F150FAN

F150FAN Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone! I currently own a Moto Droid but am I thinking of jumping ship to the Eris. I recently picked up an Eris and I would like to play around with the GUI and see if the phone and Sense is what I am truly looking for before I activate it on my account. Is there any way to bypass the activation screen after the phone boots so that way I can play around it? Thanks for any help with this! Happy Easter to everyone!

Advertisement
  2. F150FAN

Any ideas? Anything? Bueller?

3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I would try calling one of the stores. Many of the demo units I've seen are not set up. Since they have to bypass it to do this they must know how.

4. GoodbyBberry

GoodbyBberry Member

There is not a way to bypass these steps it is a mandatory step that google puts in place. The units in corporate stores are live demos that you can play with. Or better yet in the time that it took you to post this article and then read it later you could have already activated the Eris and just tried it out. On the Eris dial *228 and follow the options. if you dont like it just do it again on your Droid.

5. F150FAN

Thanks for the replies. I wanted to try out the phone, everything except making a call that is. I may have actually gotten it to bypass the activation screen. I just tried calling a activating and then hanging up right afterward and rebooted a few times. Then it went right in to the home screen.

6. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

Proof that times have changed: Try out the "phone" except for making a "call".

I know what you mean, but I find humor in that. :)

7. F150FAN

I never thought about it that way until you said it. Haha! Pretty sad right? I was thinking about converting some movies and putting some games and other stuff on it, possibly the 2.1 V2 leak as well and see how the phone acts overall compared to my Droid. If there isn't a real big difference I am really considering jumping ship to the Eris. I really like what HTC has been doing as of late. I used to be a hardcore Nextel user and really loved those Motos. But things have changed, as Bswartz95 mentioned, and I have really gotten into cell phone technology.

Anyone that wants to try and sell me on why I should go with the Eris over the Droid is definitely welcome to do so. Also any tidbits of info on how to make the Eris run efficiently would be welcome as well. I am just getting into Android so I want to raise my knowledge as much as I can. I have been reading posts and stickies but any other info is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help and replies!

8. F150FAN

I have a question for you guys, and girls, if I wanted to transfer some apps or games from my Droid to the Eris is there an App or any other way to do this? I want to see how the Eris will run some of these. Also how do I transfer contacts between the two? I assume there is an app for that as well. Just curious to see how you all do it. Thanks for any help!

9. arock

arock Well-Known Member

When the phone fails the activation call three times in a row, it will bypass all of the setup stuff and just load sense.

10. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

You may be able to set up an App Brain account and then put that app on both of the phones. Then you could sync them?

11. uncannyzebra

uncannyzebra Member

If you hit the home button during the activation call it goes home. Then just end the call. Menu works too during the call if I remember.

12. F150FAN

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have backed up most of the things that I would like to try on the Eris with the exception of a few things that are protected. I used APK Manager to do this but I do not have anything on the Eris to install those from the SD card. I just saw that my ex roommate never picked up his router, which has WiFi, could I just reconnect the router and download things from the Market that way? I am assuming that I would have to setup my Gmail account and everything to get it to work but I have never done this. I just want to make sure that it will work. Thanks again for everything!

P.S. - No one wants to try and persuade me to keep the Eris over the Droid? :)

13. derrickdj

derrickdj New Member

You will not believe how easy it is to bypass activation screen.

On the main screen of the Moto Droid, touch the 4 corners of the screen starting at the top left, top right, bottom right and bottom left. Do not touch the droid icon and do touch above the 2 buttons on the bottom (Emergency and Change Language buttons).

This will take you to the home screen.

fungo45 likes this.
  14. smacky

smacky Banned

Or you could root your Droid and run Sense on there. Not only will it run faster, but once you realize it sucks, you'll be able to delete the ROM, count your blessings, and move on.

15. morganpants

morganpants Well-Known Member

to avoid activation during the screen press the CALL button during the system setup and press ##778 password 000000 go into NAM and just change something it really dont matter what since it will all be reactivated if u want to use it in the future. be sure to press menu when done and commit changes then it will restart and u will have to do setup but it will not activate your phone :)

samufa likes this.
  16. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

17. samufa

samufa New Member

Many thanks !!!