• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bypassing activation?

liljonnyboy

Jan 19, 2010
In order to bypass the initial activation, am I correct when I say that all I need to do is tap the corners of the screen in a clock wise formation starting with the top left corner? I want to do this because I want to compare battery life of activation vs battery life w/o activation. If I do this, how do I activate it after I pass the first activation? Sorry for the excessive use of the word "activation" lol

In order to bypass the initial activation, am I correct when I say that all I need to do is tap the corners of the screen in a clock wise formation starting with the top left corner? I want to do this because I want to compare battery life of activation vs battery life w/o activation. If I do this, how do I activate it after I pass the first activation? Sorry for the excessive use of the word "activation" lol
Or keep ending the call when initiated.

Upvote 0

Jeez. Just activate the phone and enjoy it. Whats the purpose of testing pre-activation battery life? Who is really going to use this phone unactivated?

Upvote 0
Well folks, I need help here. I honestly thought that activation was a skippable step, but apparently it's not. So, does anyone know how to do this on a Droid Incredible with the latest OTA? Anyone got a contact at Verizon they could ask? I just want to use it for wifi and games.

Ok, so why would I want/need to do this? Simple, I'm deployed to Iraq and my cell phone service is on a military suspense. I did a reset after the last update, and now cannot use the device until it's activated, or I find a way to bypass the activation.

What I've tried so far (thanks to Google):
-tried tapping the 4 corners, starting top left, going clockwise. Doesn't apply to this phone, but was still worth a shot.
-"end call" on activation 4-5 times
-reboot 3-4 times

Any other ideas? Worst case, it's now a brick until I get home and restore service.

Upvote 0
Got it. Someone at magneticzero XDA devs hooked me up. It's as follows;

1. Select emergency call and dial ##778.
2. Select edit and enter service password 000000.
3. Select NAM Settings.
4. Change Mobile Directory number to 0000000000 (Ten digits).
5. Change MIN1 to 0000000 (Seven digits).
6. Change Mobile Country Code to 000 (Three digits).
7. As you back out "Commit the Change".

That thread asked the same question, but no solution was ever found. Also, that user was located within the US, so he has a fallback (activation though another CDMA carrier).

Upvote 0
well, in some retail locations like best buy, they don't always get activated demos for consumers to test on, and that's why it's necessary for someone to have a way around it.

Or myself who just bought an Incredible for my daughter to use as an iPod/gaming device so she will have the most bad@$$ iPod in town :D

Worked like a charm, Thanks guys.

GMB

Upvote 0
Here's another method, the one I used while I was overseas.

[ANSWERED] - Bypass activation - xda-developers

1. Select emergency call and dial ##778.
2. Select edit and enter service password 000000.
3. Select NAM Settings.
4. Change Mobile Directory number to 0000000000 (Ten digits).
5. Change MIN1 to 0000000 (Seven digits).
6. Change Mobile Country Code to 000 (Three digits).
7. As you back out "Commit the Change".

If you ever need to activate your phone, just dial *228 and reprogram the phone.

Upvote 0
I keep trying to activate my phone overseas in europe, but i don't have service. I did everything that people kept saying to do but it's still not working. I was able to get into the editing screen to change the phone numbers to 0's but the one it won't let me edit is the MOBILE DIRECTORY number. There is no option to edit that one. Does anyone know why it won't let me or how i can fix this.
I also tried crashing the system but it doesn't work either. Please help!

Upvote 0
Has anyone ever been able to figure this out? I have read through many threads on this topic and tried ever suggestion I have found but nothing has worked. I live in Germany and just want to let my son use my old Incredible to play games, Skype with friends back home, etc... Hoping to hear of any possible new solutions. Thanks!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones