c:geo after root

Last Updated:

1. nineshot

nineshot New Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry for the noob question but I just rooted and loaded Eris_Official_1.0_OC. I am having trouble getting the c:geo to load caches from their website. This is pretty much my favorite app and alot of the reason why I rooted (hopefully making it perform better). Any help would be appreciate. Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

I've never used c:geo, but I looked quickly at their website.

Given that the app does its' own networking, and doesn't require a browser to fetch stuff, it seems hard to believe that there is a reason why it would work on the OTA2.1 and not on Ivanmmj's "Official 1.0". Those two ROMs are essentially identical, with the exception of one or two root tools which are highly unlikely to be in play here.

I would check other things first

- network connectivity?
    - do you see traffic on your wifi router if you use the app when you have WiFi on?
    - temporary problem on the c:geo server side?
    - clear the app cache and data areas, uninstall and reinstall?

If there is some mysterious dependency on other system software components, the only way you will discover that is to set up the Android SDK on a machine, fire up ddms, and turn on Verbose logging, and then watch for any errors to be reported when you invoke the application.

(If you are not tech-savvy, I wouldn't attempt the latter - I would just give up instead.)

eu1

3. nineshot

nineshot New Member This Topic's Starter

First of all, thanks for the response. I rebooted the phone and it works like a charm.

4. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Well-Known Member

Geocaching.com is constantly trying to make changes to its site so that C:GEO cannot access it. It violates their TOS and they do not want people using it. In fact, you cant even mention C:GEO on their site forum without getting warned by a moderator.

Follow along here c:geo by carnero to see the vastly updated changelog.

Also on Twitter he keeps everyone updated as to what is going on.

c:geo (android_gc) on Twitter

And remember, its not even an official release yet. C:GEO is still a beta.