C++

Last Updated:

1. KDroidX

KDroidX Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So does anyone know anything about a C++ compiler on the mac. im in college and i am learning it so for extra practice i want to do it at home. BUT... i got xcode (the apple developer free thing) and looked everything up how to do it. Long story short.. i cant get the compiler to run my programs and i need a compiler to do so.

Advertisement
  2. wiretap

wiretap Well-Known Member

Boot Windows and use Dev C++. If you're in engineering, you'll find using Windows and Linux are preferred. Most apps I use that are course specific (especially in hardware development) don't have a Mac version. You might just want to get rid of the Mac all together to avoid embarrassment. :p

3. KDroidX

KDroidX Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Oh come on. The mac was a graduation present and i love it lol.. Sorry apple haters. Im against iphone but not apple in general. Anyways i tried to do the whole boot windows thing but i couldnt get it to work ( freely that is) thanks though.

4. wiretap

wiretap Well-Known Member

I'm just telling you my experience being a senior in computer engineering.

5. Zenze

Zenze Well-Known Member

I'm a senior in computer engineering and really like my mac. I have linux + windows VMs on it but I can do most everything on OS X. Its unix based so of course almost all the same cli tools that you use in Linux are the same and work. I do mostly C stuff and vim, gcc, and make are all the exact same.

To the OP if you are looking for a good IDE for c++ or otherwise Eclipse has a OS X version. Its one of the most popular IDEs on linux and windows as well.

KDroidX likes this.