C2DM on Android 2.2 emulator

Last Updated:

1. guligo

guligo New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

I am currently playing around with C2DM service and I am wondering if it is possible to test device-side C2DM application on Android 2.2 emulator? My current problem is that when my application sends registration intent to C2DM server, Logcat says:

Unable to start service Intent { act=com.google.android.c2dm.intent.REGISTER (has extras) }: not found

The same happens when I try to run examples - JumpNote and Google Chrome to Phone Extension that were mentioned here. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. guligo

guligo New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok. Never mind...

Solved this issue myself. I have installed SDK Platform Android 2.2, but haven't noticed that for testing C2DM additionally Google APIs package is needed :eek:

Thanks!

3. xeanliao

xeanliao New Member

I am having the same problem, would you please share the additional package you mentioned in more details?

Thanks in advance.
    Sean

4. Yury Proshchenko

Yury Proshchenko New Member

For guys, who still looking for answer:

To develop and test on the Android Emulator, you need to download the Android 2.2 version of the Google APIs Add-On into your SDK using the Android SDK and AVD Manager. Specifically, you need to download the component named "Google APIs by Google Inc, Android API 8". Then, you need to set up an AVD that uses that system image.

(c) Android Cloud to Device Messaging Framework - Google Projects for Android