C771 Drivers

1. skybeex

skybeex New Member

Yay!! works!

Ugh, plug in my commando to USB and continually saying it would "failed to install driver" in Massive Storage mode. In Sync mode is "kind of found the driver" but then would freeze Windows Explorer when I would try to open the Removeable Storage in explorer.

Downloaded the author's zip file, right click zip file select "extract all", click "extract" button again, window opens with a "driver" icon, right click this icon then to select "install" or open from the menu, then click "Run" if it asks ya.

Again. Yay!! Works!! :D

Did not work for me.
  2. seymourhm

seymourhm New Member

Thank you so much! :)
  3. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

Anyone using Linux? KDE Plasma only recognizes my phone as a camera device. Ubuntu will recognize it as a mass storage device though.
  4. Spike G

Spike G Well-Known Member

no issues with ubuntu 11.04 for me, its actually better than windows
  5. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

Ubuntu isn't giving me any problems. Its the KDE Plasma that is. I'm not really liking Ubuntu. I'd get rid of windows completely if there was a way my wife could sync her iPhone without jailbreaking it.
  6. EMTjbj

EMTjbj New Member

Just wanted to say thank you so much... this linc fixed my problem like quick... that was awesome...
  7. crazyrider4480

crazyrider4480 New Member

awesome, awesome,awesome,, does it make things ez
  8. harmer315

harmer315 New Member

I cant thank you enough this just solved all my problems!!
  9. bestaudioguy

bestaudioguy Well-Known Member

Not only new to the Android system and the Commando, but to this forum as well.
    I have been reading a lot about "rooting" and installing SOC and other driver software and to make it easier on me, I really need a link or someone to provide the needed instructions to make it all happen.
    Not only does the phone suck the battery dry, it will not connect to my HP bluetooth using a dongle. I updated the dongles driver but it still will not connect giving the missing peripheral driver as has been written here.

I guess in order for anything to happen it has to be rooted. Meaning that I have access to the root part of the software?
    Opening up the hood and getting to the guts might leave me with a brick, something I would like to avoid. Hence the need for instructions.

If they are somewhere on this forum, please direct me in that direction.
    Much appreciated.
  10. CGILL

CGILL New Member

Thanks, gpsjunkie! I spent less time with your driver fix than I did with the Verizon No-Help desk. (Much less frustrating too!) Cheers!
    -C
  11. dagger2812

dagger2812 New Member

man do i need some help...I SCREWED up and deleted the stock messages app that came installed on my c771 and now i cant get any picture or video mess even though ive been using gosms since i got the phone does anyone know how or where to get that app back please help
  12. nolo16

nolo16 New Member

It will not download to my phone can you help me
  13. paxchristos

paxchristos Well-Known Member

Download and install on your windows PC.
  14. droidcamp

droidcamp New Member

Thanks for your post and zip link....I downloaded the file but it didn't work. I really think that Casio released this phone w/ no Win7 driver. If you have had true success w/ this driver please walk me thru things. I went as far as to tell Verizon that I wanted a new phone sent; that should be here Tuesday.... so if you can help it would be appreciated.
  15. Boysun

Boysun New Member

Thanks gpsjunkie..it worked for me..however some of my music files didn't sink for some reason they have a lock beside them in double twist do you know why?
  16. louis cyfer

louis cyfer Member

can't seem to download the file. i only get 26kB and can't unzip, it says the file is invalid. at 26kB i would think so though. could someone please help?

thank you.
  17. gpsjunkie

gpsjunkie Active Member

Just tried it. Downloads ok for me.
  18. louis cyfer

louis cyfer Member

ok, i got it, didn't like the save target as. i got it until it says "running psneuter" than it stays there forever. any ideas?
  19. rspan

rspan New Member

Along with all the other users you helped with getting their commando connected add my thanks! As disappointed I am in Verizon for putting us through this I am equally encouraged that there are people like you around figuring out ways to get around their poor business decisions. Now I can continue my education on what this phone is capable of, will post my progress!!!
  20. gpsjunkie

gpsjunkie Active Member

If your phone is running 2.3.3 (gingerbread) you need to root using zerg-rush rather than psneuter.
    oldcatcher likes this.
  21. oldcatcher

oldcatcher New Member

Much thanks, wasted 1/2 a day screwiing around trying to get pdanet transfered and working on my new phone.

Wished I had sought out help sooner hahahaha

Thanks again, great work !

-Dave
  22. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

you know.... my first commando, the brand new one, had the drivers on it. is it they forgot to put the drivers on some of these phones?
  23. casperrrrr

casperrrrr New Member

Thanks for the drivers, but I still have a little problem. When I change my USB mode to Media Sync it pops up a message that drivers where not successfully installed, but on the other hand if I switch to Mass Storage it says that drivers where successfully installed.
  24. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

hmmm.... i've never tried media sync
  25. zachshacking

zachshacking New Member