Cache, Dalvik-Cache and Data

Last Updated:

1. Phateless

Phateless Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can somebody clarify for me exactly what is stored where? I know that wiping data will wipe out everything and return the ROM to "stock," and the dalvik-cache is more about applications. What exactly is stored in the regular cache?

I'm doing some fine-tuning on CM6 and don't want to wipe out any of the settings I JUST finished adjusting, lol.

Can anyone link me to a very noob-friendly guide that explains exactly what does what?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

The Android Lounge is a better place for your question, Phateless. I've moved the thread for you. ;)

3. Phateless

Phateless Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Frisco, I checked a couple of forums before posting, wasn't sure where to put this. Where did it end up?? I could have sworn I did put it in the Android Lounge, but apparently not...

Any idea on how to explain exactly what the cache is?

Secondary Question: Will using backups (mybackup, titanium backup) between different versions of Android create issues? For example restoring wifi networks, bookmarks, system settings, etc, from 1.6 into 2.2.

When I unrooted to 1.5 and restored my 1.6 settings, it actually prevented me from downloading the OTA update to 1.6.