• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

calandar not syncing

Apr 11, 2010
Hey guys, I'm going to the sprint store today to try and exchange my phone due to a couple hardware problems. I figured i would be all set with backup, as my contacts, email, and calendar are set to auto sync to google. well, i logged into google to make sure my calandar was syncing, and i see nothing. When i got the phone the other day, i entered in a lot of appts into the calendar on the phone. Everything is set to autosync, and in the calendar app it is showing My Calendar and my google account. if i add an event on the calendar from my pc, it shows up on my phone instantly, but all my events on the phone will not show up on the pc

The only thing i can think is the problem, is the calendar on the phone is actually the htc calendar, not android. when you go to add a widget to the homescreen, you can select between the htc one and the android one. but there is no option in the app drawer to just open the android one, it automatically uses the htc one.

Ok, well i think i found the problem. When i was adding events to the calendar on the phone, i would add them to "My Calendar". for some reason, even though i have My Calendar synced to my Gmail Calendar, it wouldnt update the online calendar. So now, when i add an event, i have to add it to the Gmail Calendar, and now it updates. Again, i dont know why they wont sync together, but i guess its working now

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones