Calander based pain app

Last Updated:

1. ibizian

ibizian Member This Topic's Starter

I am looking for a developer to write a very specific app.

I am a disabled service member who needs a way to track pain levels and meds taken and any results.

Please contact me for more in depth details.

Advertisement
  2. ibizian

Not one single developer can write an app/addon to help thousands of people in pain track their pain on a calendar?

Did I post it in the wrong area?

I really need this to help my Doctors better track and treat the pain.

3. Ramblingcoder

Ramblingcoder New Member

I was working on a program similar to this for a Redditor but she found an online service that was more suited to her desires. I ended up abandoning the code and closing the project but if you're interested in starting it up again, I would not mind applying some of your suggestions to it.

The code uses old techniques so I would need to rework a bit of it. Right now however I pulled two screenshots of the program in its current state.

Photo Albums - Imgur

When it comes to UI development, I'm a very poor designer so its not pretty.

The two "New" at the top represents a Disease and a Symptom. The original person I was working with had MS and I was building it around those needs.

4. ibizian

Sent you a PM or two and would love to finally get working on this with you. Hope all is well with you.

5. cp1

cp1 Well-Known Member

How is the work going on this? I'm working on another app at the moment, but this is pretty similar / seems easy to do, except for maybe the calendar graphic.

6. ibizian

It is not going at all. Can't get ahold of the other person who wanted to work on it. As for the calendar part I do not care what it looks like as long as it can either be pushed directly to Google CAL or imported somehow...

Let me know your thoughts.

7. cp1

cp1 Well-Known Member

Hmm let me look into the google calendar. I know how to export to .csv if you want to open it in excel or open office, but the calendar will take some learning.

8. joshua.george

joshua.george Member

9. cp1

cp1 Well-Known Member

Ibizian, check your PMs

Joshua, thanks for the link

10. ibizian

Still looking for help with this app. Anyone!!

11. marchold

marchold Well-Known Member

I might be interested in working on this for you. I have some design questions though:
    1) Exactly how would you enter data? Would you have a screen that would let you set the following fields: Time, Date, Pain Level, Medication Taken. Or would there be more that 1 screen where you enter data?

2) Exactly how would you like the data used/displayed. Do you want it in a google calendar or in some sort of chart. If you want a chart exactly how would the chart be drawn.

I will not begin any project unless I can make a solid plan, so that I am clear on how much work I am signing up for. Would you be willing to design the screens with a pencil and paper and then take a photo of your drawings. In your drawing you should work out how the data will be displayed. For example if you draw a line graph of meds do you use milligrams to determine line height, if so how do you compare 5mg of hydrocodone with 1000mg of Advil.

Basically what I am saying is I need you to work out all the details that don't relate to the actual programming. I can move fast on a project, but not if I spend a lot of time deciding what exactly it should do, and then re-doing it because I made some design mistakes.

12. whitefriars

whitefriars New Member

Hi ibizian,

Are you getting anywhere with this? I sent a PM a while back and no reply. I can help if you still need this.