Calculator numbers too big for allotted space.Support

Last Updated: 2012-08-09 03:38:05
  1. today

today Well-Known Member

Anyone else see this on their calculator? The numerals are so big they outsize their space. Wierd. :p

Advertisement
  2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's a little odd.
  3. jamala00

jamala00 Well-Known Member

I'll tell ya as soon as I get my phone...;) Ugg it's going to be a long couple days.
  4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

It's the way HTC "styled" It. It absolutely looks broken but its not
  5. today

today Well-Known Member

So I'm not alone. It definitely does look like an oversight. Possibly the reason this phone was delayed so long. Something this horrific WOULD.
  6. kelela92

kelela92 Well-Known Member

I just thought it was the style. Doesn't bother me and it's kinda nice its big. Since y'know, so many people complain about how small numbers are and can't read it. ;)
  7. Rxpert83

It is the style. It's not a mistake
  8. sully5981

sully5981 Well-Known Member

Looks over sized to me

[​IMG]
  9. today

today Well-Known Member

Damn. Why did you post that? It looks like $*1t. Won't believe THAT was planned. Damn why did I repost that? :boxing:
  10. sully5981

sully5981 Well-Known Member

It still works and its just a calculator. I'm sure there are other third party ones that yu can get off the market that are beter. Also maybe sense 4.0 was optimized for bigger screens.
  11. Rxpert83

That's the way they wanted it to look lol
  12. SpyderPride

SpyderPride Member

Quick fix:

1. Disable the stock calculator

2. Install a new calculator from the Play store, preferably something with trig functions. Hell, install a graphing calculator if you want.

3. ...

4. Profit. Or not. Your choice.

OR... dedicate a home screen to one of the shiny calculator widgets.
  13. today

today Well-Known Member

I'll buy it. It's the way that it was designed to be. But Cheech & Chong need to stick to comedy not smartphone development. Wow man, Dave's not here.
  14. GeoUSA

GeoUSA Well-Known Member

I think it looks cool and I can read all of the numbers. Now a roman numeral calculator would have been crazy. Also, you don't even need to download a different calculator. If you're willing to give up one screen for the built-in calculator widget (red or black) it has NORMAL buttons.
  15. today

today Well-Known Member

I agree a Roman numeral would have been Kool, till I hit the equals key. Lmao.
  16. rcrott1

rcrott1 Well-Known Member

i think its pretty sweet looking actually. more of a modern look, with the numbers partially cut off
    Rxpert83 likes this.