1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Calendar Alarms or lack thereof

Last Updated:

1. PittCaleb

PittCaleb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

One of my pet peeves would be the notifications of calendar events. The droid sounds the notification ringtone once this is quiet. I would like it to sound as a true alarm, ringing until disabled. Does anyone know a way to gain this functionality. I use tthe calendar for important events and need to be reminded better according to my popup settings.

Advertisement
  2. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

This is my main pet peeve of the Droid. Drives me nuts.

From what I understand, it's not possible in the built-in calendar. I'm not certain about 3rd party versions.

What I do to get around it is to schedule meetings for XX:05, then have the notifications set for 10 minutes. So the notification goes off at 5 minutes before the meeting, then again at the meeting time.

HOWEVER, unless you SNOOZE the alarm (which has a built-in snooze time of 5 minutes) the alarm still only goes off once.

Drives me nuts. (Did I say that already?)

3. PittCaleb

PittCaleb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Glad to see I'm not the only one. One could create a "notification" tone that was longer and more 'alarming' however notifications play continuously to end, so if you recorded a 30-second loud notification tone, you could NOT turn it off.

4. srothkin

srothkin Well-Known Member

I actually did create a longer alarm tone. I can stop it before it finishes by tapping dismiss (it is a bit annoying to have to first get past the pattern lock screen while the alarm is screaming though).