calendar alerts

1. jojomonkeyboy

jojomonkeyboy New Member

Is there a better calendar app or an add on to improve the standard app? I am looking for a away to improve the alerts for upcomng meetings and events. Right now I can only send myself an email or sms, how do i get calendar to tap into the alarm functions on the phone?

Advertisement
  2. braj

braj Well-Known Member

I am using Nudnik

Nudnik Calendar Notification - Android app on AppBrain

It works well enough but sometimes it is a little slow in dismissing alarms. But that is better than missing them. It gives much improved snooze and persistent alarms. I would be lost without this or something similar.
    Fam Money and jojomonkeyboy like this.
  3. Lyrrad

Lyrrad Well-Known Member

I'm using Gemini Calendar in conjunction with calendar snooze. Both are free from market place.

Gemini Calendar allows easy setting of meeting from call history or phonebook. It's not quite the complete job, but very good. I use a widget on home screen to create meeting from call history as it suits my needs. I also have widget along side it that is sized 1 x 1 rather than 4 x 1 using ADW. This shows the date, and on pressing it brings up calendar.

Calendar snooze allows from proper control over multiple events/meetings etc. The paid for version removes ad's, but more to the point it allows my phone to function as it should do. Whilst I really am enjoying Android, somethings on it are just plain daft. The inabilty to dismiss/snooze each individual event in a separate manner is just plain clueless. Calendar snooze sorts this out.
  4. braj

braj Well-Known Member

Calendar Snooze does the same thing as Nudnik basically, but II am going to try it out, it reads out your appointment title for one thing, and it has more flexible snooze options. Nudnik is a little wonky, just UI sluggishness when trying to dismiss alarms. Do you notice anything like that with Calendar Snooze?
    jojomonkeyboy likes this.
  5. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

agenda widget is very good.
  6. Holydoc

Holydoc Well-Known Member

Calendar Snooze Paid version is what I use. It has been working great.
  7. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

Not sure if I'm reading the problem right, but if I am, Calendar Notifier also works.

Calendar Notifier will sound an alarm at the time of your appointment, then continue sounding an alarm every X minutes (user defined) thereafter, until you turn it off. That way if you're busy when the meeting notification sounds and promise yourself you'll leave your desk in 1 minute, then forget, you'll be reminded again.
  8. Lyrrad

Lyrrad Well-Known Member

I sometimes have a slight problem but can't tell you exactly what the problem is. It's not something that bothers me too much but for the sake of this thread I'll catalogue it next time it happens.
  9. Lyrrad

Lyrrad Well-Known Member

Just to inform you I made a mistake.

There is nothing wrong at all with Calendar snooze. I use callback Pro that sometimes leaves me not being able to snooze the thing properly. But it is also a very useful program that I use rather than creating a calendar entry.
  10. loki16

loki16 Member

any of these capable of applying the notifications i have set (using outlook then synced via gmail)?
  11. BBOOZE

BBOOZE Well-Known Member

I second Calendar Snooze. I've been wanting a snooze feature forever but Lord Steve Jobs never let us old iphone users have that.
  12. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

I've been using Calendar Snooze for a few weeks now and like it, I installed it mainly for the LED notification. So far it has not missed an alert.
    What I have noticed though is that my 'phone idle' time has increased, I actually just disabled Calendar Snooze to see if that is the culprit. Whatever is running is accounting for a good chunk of battery use (7% right now and I put a new battery in about 2 hours ago!). I'll see if makes a difference with CS not enabled or if it's something else.