Calendar and Contacts question...General

Last Updated:

1. bekind

bekind Member This Topic's Starter

Couple quick questions regarding the OEM Calendar and it's functionality:

1 - On my google calendar I am able to enter reoccuring items and they sync with my eris as they should. I also see all the various holidays on my google cal but these items do not sync to my eris. Is there a way to get the holidays to port over to my native eris calendar?

2 - My contacts has a place for defining a contact's birthday and anniversary. How can I get these user defined dates to populate to my eris calendar? Seems like this should be simple functionality no?

Thanks for any tips or ideas...

~bekind

Advertisement
  2. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

From the Calendar on your Eris click Menu>Calendars ... make sure all the calendars you want to sync are selected. I have the holidays on my Eris and wanted them removed, so I un-checked the Holidays calendar.

I havent had the desire to do this ... but from what I heard, this was possible before facebook made the recent changes to its site. Apperently syncing your facbook calendar to google is no longer allowed. I have not verrified this, but I do remember reading it.

bekind likes this.
  3. bekind

bekind Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the quick reply!

You were exactly right on item 1. I had looked there last night after I set up my cal on google but I think it just took a few for the US Holiday option to show up. It is there now, checked, and my eris calendar has been infiltrated with every presidents bday I could ever have a desire of knowing. Maybe a little TMI on the Holiday side but regardless objective complete.

Interesting regarding the facebook cal syncing with google. However since I don't have a facebook account that wouldn't matter too much to me. I'll keep researching.

Thanks again!

~bekind