• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Calendar App and Events

Duble_E

Lurker
Apr 27, 2010
Hi,

On my HTC Incredible, since day 1 and after the updates (including Froyo) I am not able to see the names of events on my calendar in any of the calendar views except the "Today" view. All I see is the rectangle graphics depicting some event is taking place but inside the rectangle the event name is not displayed forcing me to open every event to what it is from the Calendar application. Therefore, I have to resort to using the Agenda widget to scroll through event names by date to get a quick overview. I haven't gotten my hands on someone else's Incredible to verify if this is just the way it is on this phone, but I would venture to guess not. I've used and seen plenty of Blackberry's and used to looking at weekly calendar views and all of the event names and their times/duration laid out graphically (with the event names in the rectangles). Any comments/help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

On my HTC Incredible, since day 1 and after the updates (including Froyo) I am not able to see the names of events on my calendar in any of the calendar views except the "Today" view. All I see is the rectangle graphics depicting some event is taking place but inside the rectangle the event name is not displayed forcing me to open every event to what it is from the Calendar application. Therefore, I have to resort to using the Agenda widget to scroll through event names by date to get a quick overview. I haven't gotten my hands on someone else's Incredible to verify if this is just the way it is on this phone, but I would venture to guess not. I've used and seen plenty of Blackberry's and used to looking at weekly calendar views and all of the event names and their times/duration laid out graphically (with the event names in the rectangles). Any comments/help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yeah, I came from a blackberry, and the calendar was a better setup (like you described). Unfortunately I haven't been able to figure out how to see events except in the agenda setting either. I downloaded a calendar app that proported to make events viewable in the monthly view, but it was so god awful that I just went back to the regular calander.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones