Calendar App on Z1sTips

1. LuvMusic

LuvMusic VIP Member VIP Member

A quick heads-up on the Calendar app that comes loaded on the Z1s.....it is NOT the Google Calendar app.

I was checking my calendar tonight and noticed none of my appointments were being displayed. Did the easy thing by refreshing my calendar and still no appointments!

Went to Google Play, downloaded Google Calendar and all is well. Pretty strange. This is where Google splitting out the apps from the OS could be confusing to some people. The two apps looked very similar but they are not the same. If you look at the icon for the calendar app that comes loaded on the device you will notice that the page with the date is flat, If you look at Google's Calendar app icon you will notice that the page with the date is creased in the lower right-hand corner.

Is this true for the regular Z1 and the Z? Shame on Sony for this situation.

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

The Z1 calendar app isn't the google app either. It does link in with the google calendar no problem though. Appointments on the Z1 app appear in my gmail calendar.

There are 2 options in the calendar, one for your google account and one for appointments on your device, are you sure you were checking the right account?

It gives the option at the top of a new appointment page.
  3. LuvMusic

LuvMusic VIP Member VIP Member

Just checked my settings and you're right, my Google appointments are now synced with the Sony app. Thanks!

Any advantages to using the Sony calendar app?
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Aside from the birthdays that have been prepopulated by Facebook, the only item I have in my calendar is my dentist appointment next month so I rarely use my calendar, sorry. :eek: