1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Calendar app recommendation needed

Last Updated:

1. jbang

jbang Member This Topic's Starter

I really like the built-in calendar app on my new HTC Desire. But there's 3 things that it can't do, and I really need them:

1. I need to be able to set up how the calendar calculates week numbers. I live in Demark and in Europe we don't calculate week numbers the sane way as they do in the US.

2. I need to be able to set up repeated appointments that repeat every second week, or every third day.

3. I really want to be able to set the default reminder time to 'Do NOT remind me'. The built-in calendar app lets me set the reminder value to 'No remind' when I create a new event, but it won't let me set the default value to 'No remind'.

So basically I need a calendar app that works precisely like the built-in one, apart from the 3 things mentioned above

Any recommendations?

-- Jens

Advertisement
  2. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

3. jbang

It looks like something I should take a closer look at. But I have 2 problems with that:

1. I have no way of evaluating the app without paying.
    2. Since I live in Denmark I have no access to the paid part of Android Market.

So it looks like its a no-go. But thanks for the tip.

-- Jens

4. Booya

Booya Well-Known Member

If you buy the app but don't like it within 24 hours, you can uninstall it and get your money back within a few days.

5. jbang

Firstly: 24 hours isn't a long time to evaluate an app. But I should be able to make it suffice.

Secondly: I still have no way of buying the app. I have no access to the paid Android Market, and the author of the app has stopped the other ways of paying (which BTW didn't include upgrades, as opposed to buying through the Market).

6. meyerweb

meyerweb Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it'll meet your requirements, but many people like Jorte calendar, and it's free.

7. jbang

Thanks for the tip. I've tried Jorte and it's is a good calendar app. It displays the correct week numbers and it lets me set the default reminder time to 'No reminder'. But it won't let me create a repeated event that repeats every 2 or 4 weeks. And I really need that functionality.

Does anybody out there know of a calendar app that will let me do all 3 things?

-- Jens

8. tfrose

tfrose New Member

9. sblack

sblack Member

The only way I have found to create events that repeat on a weekly interval is to create them in calendar via the web, and then they will repeat properly on the phone.

10. powell

powell Well-Known Member

Try my Gemini Calendar.
    It meets at least two of your requirements (2, 3) , and - I hope - has some other advantages.

11. jbang

Sorry, no. I can set the repeat to 'Daily' or 'Every weekday'. But I have no way of saying 'Every 28th day'. That has been my problem all along: There is no way of having a repeated event that does repeat on /every/ day, week or month.

12. jbang

I gave it a quick look, at it definitely looks promising. I'll give it a thorough workout over the next couple of weeks, and let you know how it goes.

Oh, BTW it fulfills all 3 of my demands. It even displays the correct week number. :)

-- Jens