Calendar Appointment as Private?Support

Last Updated:

1. wwian

wwian Member This Topic's Starter

I'm using an HTC EVO.

I want to create appointments on my phone, which connect to my Google calendars, that have a "private" tag.

Obviously, we can't seem to do this on the EVO. But, is there a decent calendar app out there that will?

Many thanks for any wisdoms!

Ian

Advertisement
  2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I don't understand why you'd need this.

By default your calendar should be private. If you want to share your calendar appointments with someone then shoot them the invite in the appointment.

If that still doesn't meet your needs, then create a shared calendar separate from your default, private calendar, for sharing purposes only.

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

my understanding of the calendar apps on the market are that they are all simply aesthetic enhancements...in the background they still use the same methods and menus for setting up appointments etc.

could be wrong...but that is how all of them that I have tried have worked

4. wwian

5. wwian

Yeah, that seems to be what I've found too.

6. uniquenameEVO

uniquenameEVO Well-Known Member

That is the bigger problem. Been there. I never found a good way around it. The gapps for BB insisted on syncing to the main bb calendar, which sync'd to the work calendar.

For your situation...instead of using a PC browser, why not use the EVO browser to make the appointment so you can select "private"?

7. shawn_hall

shawn_hall Member

I had a Samsung Moment (2.1) and the calendar offered privacy options for calendar entries. I'm guessing this was an option that Samsung provided? I switched to HTC Evo and, much to my dismay, I no longer have this privacy setting. I sync with my work calendar via Companionlink for Outlook [Outlook to Google to Android] and miss being able to mark my private appointments as private on my phone. Now I have to visit the Google calendar online or Outlook after creating an appointment, boo.

8. Cyberpope

Cyberpope New Member

Why? I use outlook and exchange. My staff makes appointments for me. So I do want them te see I have a appointment, but I don't want them to see the details of some appointments.

So different calanders is not a solution for me.

9. andr72rm

andr72rm New Member

Touch calendar and moxier can do what you need.
    any other found?