• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

calendar: cant shedule "every other week"

Easy enough.

Schedule "PAYDAY" and set it to repeat once a month. Then copy the event, post it two weeks later and select it to repeat once a month also. Problem solved.

Don't forget to thank me ;)

That won't exactly work right because not all months have 4 weeks.

The better way is to do it on the Google Calendar from your computer. It will let you do the every other week thing and when it syncs up with the phone it will be there that way. You just can't edit it on the phone. It's a weird thing with the calendar.

I actually do it a third way. I have my Outlook 2007 calendar synching up with Google, I put the event on my computer calendar which then syncs up with the online calendar and the phone. Same thing, you can set up odd recurring events that you couldn't on the phone and they just work on the phone when they are synched up.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the Ideas, but posting "every month" doesnt work... but thanks;)

The options are "every thirteenth day of the month" or "second Friday" neither work for every other week.

I need to be able to edit it because the whole goal is to have my bills in there to know what I've paid... I'm missing my iPhone calendar!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the Ideas, but posting "every month" doesnt work... but thanks;)

The options are "every thirteenth day of the month" or "second Friday" neither work for every other week.

I need to be able to edit it because the whole goal is to have my bills in there to know what I've paid... I'm missing my iPhone calendar!

When I said you couldn't edit the event on the phone, I should have said you can't edit the recurrence on the phone. You can also still edit the events on the phone, just not the recurrence. You can edit them on the Google calendar online. I know it's not ideal but it's what we got.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones