Calendar dates set to 1979 during syncSupport

Last Updated:

1. dmz

dmz Member This Topic's Starter

My operating system is WinXP. I am using Outlook 2007. I use Google calendar sync to sync my Samsung Moment calendar with Google calendar online so that I can sync that calendar with Outlook.

I can sync from Outlook to Google calendar with only a few problems. However, calendar events that I enter on my Moment don't show up on my Outlook calendar (sync is set to 2-way). These events do show up correctly on my Google calendar. It's just that they get lost between Google calendar and Outlook.

I recently noticed that I had a large number of items in my Outlook "deleted items" folder. I checked and found multiple copies of each event I had entered on my Moment (one for each attempted sync). In each of these calendar items, the date was set to Mon 12/31/1979. I assume that is why Outlook is deleting them. What I can't figure out is why the date is getting changed. I have verified that my Moment calendar is set to 2010, and my time zone is correct on Google calendar. I also uninstalled then reinstalled the Google sync software. None of these steps has changed anything.

When I enter an event on the Google calendar, it syncs just fine with Outlook. It's just the events I enter on my Moment that don't sync properly. I don't know exactly when this started but I think it was right around when I updated my phone's software. I didn't have problems with this immediately when I purchased the phone in early June.

I have posted this question on the Google knowledge community, but have not received any replies. I searched the internet and found similar questions from other users but no good solutions.

Can anyone suggest a fix for this? Or is there software I could purchase that would work around this problem?

Advertisement