Calendar eating battery?

Last Updated:

1. nboley2

nboley2 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,

I just download Spare Parts and looked at my battery history and "Calendar" is using more battery than the Android System itself. Is there any fix for this? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

I noticed this as well, and it was after I had my Network data connection turned off for the whole night. At that point, when I turned it on the next morning, it showed the calendar at the top of partial wake usage. After the phone is one for a few hours, the calendar should disappear from the top. I suggest rebooting.

3. dmm5157

dmm5157 Well-Known Member

I noticed the calendar in my wife's run of SPARE PARTS as well. I looked through her settings and noticed her calendar widget was set to update every 15 minutes and it had the WEATHER option checked. I fixed those two things and her phone seems to be fine now.

4. ep3n3wp

ep3n3wp Well-Known Member

If i go into running services undwr settings and applications always at the it says calendar and obxservices and it is running constantly.. when i go into settings and sync it shows the circle arrows next to claendar and they never go away... anyone have an idea why

5. sanity29

sanity29 Well-Known Member

I found the weather option and turned that off, but how do you change the update intervals? I can't seem to find that option.

6. nboley2

nboley2 Member This Topic's Starter

To change the update intervals: Settings> Accounts & Sync> Weather > Account Settings

7. sanity29

Sorry, I should clearify. How do you change the update intervals for the calendar?

8. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Goto Calendar>Menu>More>Settings

You can change both there...

:)

9. sanity29

I did find the weather option in the calendar, but I still can't find the calendar update interval settings. all i have under the calendar setting is: reminder setting, and calendar view settings. I see nothing in either of those to change how often it updates

10. cooolone2

Goto WEATHER>Menu>Settings

It's in there ;)

:cool:

11. erjent

erjent Active Member

You can't change the interval that certain calendars sync. The google calendar is push just like gmail. If you don't want it to sync then you have to disable it from your selected calendars. (calendar/menu button/calendars) The exchange calendar will sync with the interval that you have set for that account. If you don't want the exchange calendar to sync then you have to deselect it in exchange settings.

If the only calendar you want is the phones with no outside syncing at all just select my calendar under calendar/menu button/calendars.

hope this helps.

sanity29 likes this.
  12. sanity29

ok thanx for the info. It clarifies my questions for me.

13. cooolone2

One of the GREAT things about the Android OS is and continues to be that where there is some inefficiency or omission, that a smart Dev is there to save the day.

"Android Agenda Widget" does just that...

Non native to the 2.1 settings but within this app/widget you can establish a refresh frequency for your calendars including the databases. It also has a multitude of screen size selections and the Dev is up on things always trying to make it better. If it doesn't do what you need, I'm sure he would be happy to try and help...

I'm not associated with the Dev in any way, but believe in giving a plug where it's due. Great app and yes, it UPDATES and REFRESHES Calenders on your phone on a frequency you select. Give it a try and see if it does what you need.

Regards!
    :cool: