1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Calendar - editing the specific calendar once event's been created

Last Updated:

1. diabeticmommysharon

diabeticmommysharon New Member This Topic's Starter

I've found an app that at least looks a little nicer than the stock and will let me default to a week view, but still don't understand why I can't edit the calendar its assigned to (I have maybe 6 or 7 divided between me, me for work, my husband, daughter etc). I can control this when I create the event on the Droid, but can't change it once the event's been created. It can be done in google and I don't understand where I'm missing the ability to do it on my phone. Sometimes its an old event that was imported in the initial import and sometimes I enter the event in a hurry and don't realize I put it on the wrong calendar. None of the various widgets I've tried have helped.

How do I do this?

Advertisement
  2. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! :D

I'm sorry to say, the Android calendar simply does not support moving entries between calendars. Stupid, I know. :mad:

You can't even open Google Calendar in your phone's browser, and alter it from there, because the browser will show you a mobile version that's somewhat limited to the real thing...
    Note: There is a way to navigate to the standard browser version, but it will insist on being read-only. :(

3. jae_63

jae_63 Well-Known Member

I've asked the Gemini author to add this feature:

http://androidforums.com/applicatio...my-vision-calendar-software-6.html#post954957

If you ask him as well (you can do it on that thread) then it might move up in his request-queue. Overall he's been extremely responsive, and IMO it is by far the best Android calendar app (although there are some superior calendar WIDGETs out there which you can use in addition to Gemini).

4. dan55

dan55 Well-Known Member

hi,

Hi

Ive been using business calendar up till now which is great but need to try another app - BC WILL allow you to edit the calendar for an event

Ive looked at most of them I think and non seem to allow me to alter the calendar for existing event

Thanks
    dan