Calendar Events Are One Hour OffSupport

Last Updated:

1. roban

roban Member

I have looked at other threads about this and find no resolution.

I am synching with Google Calendar and every event on my Optimus is one hour earlier than scheduled. This occurs with the Android Calendar, Pure Calendar and Android Agenda. I used to have a Blackberry and this was not an issue so is this an Android problem?

The only resolution I have found is to wait until March 13 for DLST. This is rediculous. Does this mean that for the rest of the year my events wil always be one hour off? I find this hard to accept. The agenda function is basic and necessary.

KENNECTED Well-Known Member

Have you looked at the Date & Time and Location settings on the device?

In location, be sure that "use wireless networks" is checked.
    In date & time be sure that "automatic" is checked.
  3. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Being one hour off.. I'd take a hard look at your time zone settings. Google and the phone are in different time zones.
  4. roban

roban Member

Thank you for the reply.
    Use wireless networks is checked
    I don't have an automatic setting under date and time. I have use 24 hour format and select date format.
  5. roban

roban Member

Thank you for the suggestion.

Google time zone is correct and the phone seems to be OK because the time and date are correct. I do not see anywhere in settings to set my location other than using wireless networks.
  6. roban

roban Member

I resolved this by downloading Time Zone Changer from the Market and set my time zone to US/Eastern.