CALENDAR for android

Last Updated: 2010-06-14 17:34:26
  1. theforgetter

theforgetter New Member

Are there any other Calender apps that are independent from Google Calender?

Google Calender can't do what I'm looking for. I want to put my class schedule on my Droid but I have a class that goes Mon.-Thurs. and have practice Sun. through Tues. and other odd times that I can't figure out how to schedule into Google Calendar.

Anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks!
    -Gabe

Advertisement
  2. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I get the full grasp of what you are asking, but google calendar can do exactly what you are describing. If you are having a tough time figuring out how to enter stuff on the phone, try doing it from a PC. It automatically syncs with your phone when it has been edited.
  3. theforgetter

theforgetter New Member

When I try to schedule an event my options for repeating are: Does not repeat, Daily, Every Weekday (Mon-Fri), Every Tues. Thurs., Weekly, Monthly, and Yearly.

None of those fit my practice which is Sun, Mon, Tues. I know I can put 3 diff entries for those three days on weekly repeat but life should be easier!

Or one of my classes that go from Mon-Thurs. every week.

And while this is only two events, I wouldn't want to do this for every event in the future!

If I can do it, how do I?!

Mucho thanks for responding!
    -Gabe

Edit: I am doing it from the PC now anyways, figured it'd be easier to figure this thing out.
  4. pbwhite

pbwhite Well-Known Member

Easy enough, but maybe not obvious when you start.

1. Create event.
    2. Name event under "what"
    3. Select repeats weekly
    4. New options open - select repeats on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday

That should do it.
  5. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

+1

It's best to learn it with your PC first, it's easier to see and alter your calendar changes. Then apply what you learned to the phone.
  6. Froid

Froid Well-Known Member

Try Gemini Calendar from the Market. It makes it super easy to do what you need it to do.
  7. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

I second this as Gemini is a great front end app to the calendar. I also agree that you should learn how to use Google Calendar from a PC. It makes it ten times easier to see what you are doing and, therefore, will have a better experience using the calendar on the phone.

Kratos
  8. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

You know what? I forgot those were check boxes instead of radio buttons. Ugh, now I need to get rid of a bunch of events...