Calendar has wrong times from Google calendar appts during DSTSupport

Last Updated: 2011-02-21 21:10:39
  1. amccombs

amccombs Member

I have a recuring appointment on Wednesdays at 6pm to 8pm, starting on Jan 1, 2011 to Dec 31, 2011. I have created this in Microsoft Outlook 2007. I used Google sync to sync it with my Google calendar.

I have logged into Google calendar and all the times for this appoinment are correct.

However, during March 16, 2011 to Nov 2, 2011 the calendar on the Continuum shows 5pm to 7pm. For some reason Daylight Savings Time, which I assume to be during this time, messed up my calendar.

In Google Calendar my Time Zone is correct showing Estern Time Zone.

Is this a bug or is there a Setting that I need to fix? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. BudDroid

BudDroid Well-Known Member

Me, too.

It looks like it's in the calendar data sync, not in the calendar app.

It gives the wrong time on the phone in either the stock calendar app or in Touch Calendar.

Looks like the problem is the start of Daylight Savings. Calendar events during Standard Time are the same on Google Calendar and on the Android. Calendar events during DST are shown an hour early on the Android.

This is my first year with the Android. Does this resolve itself once DST starts?
  3. BudDroid

BudDroid Well-Known Member

Yup, I just tested it by entering a calendar event for December 5, 2011. That's after the end of DST. And the time on the phone was the same as the time on Google Calendar.