1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Calendar is off by 1 hour (showing "Cancun" time zone)

Last Updated:

1. Vesbon

Vesbon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My Google Calendar on my Android phone is off by one hour. Although it displays correctly on the website, on my Android phone some of the times are off by 1 hour. When I click into the event, it says (America/Cancun) which I assume means for some reason its displaying Cancun time zone.

Anyone know how to fix this or why it's happening?

Thanks
    -v

Advertisement
  2. Vesbon

Vesbon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hmm, seems like the problem fixed itself. Now everything is on the correct time zone. I wonder what made it 1 hour off like that? Maybe I just need to re-sync more often.

-v

3. DolphinDroid

DolphinDroid Well-Known Member

Which phone do you have? My wife has a HTC Droid Incredible that keeps giving her the time and location in Brazil. When I did some research it appears to be a bug with HTC Sense.

4. Steve 3.x

Steve 3.x New Member

I had a similar issue. My problem was the default settings in Google Calendar which was set for Pacific and I'm in the Eastern time zone. Hopefully that helps you out.

5. hippohippo

hippohippo New Member

I have an xperia arc - android, all my calendar entries moved back one hour yesterday ... and my phone's time actually moved back as well causing the alarm not to go off - unbelievable bug, I can never trust it again.
    It's somehow connected to me adding a gmail account to the phone. I'm in France and I'm guessing it's doing something related to UK time. The only other time this happened was when I set my alarm on a cross-channel ferry and the alarm never went off because the damn phone changed time in mid channel. I leave it on airplane mode on the ferry now.