• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Calendar just suddenly stopped syncing today

STagoreK

Lurker
May 24, 2010
Hi,

Sorry in advance if this is in another post, I've tried to search for it but can't find it.

I love my Incredible (came from a blackberry tour) but suddenly today it won't sync my google calendar, it keeps showing the exclamation mark in red next next to the rotation symbol and says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." Is this a server issue possibly? I've heard other people having the same error and it being weeks, not shortly! Contacts and gmail is syncing fine as usual. I don't remember making any adjustments or adding an app last night before this happened when I turned the phone on this morning. It says the last sync was this morning at 6:48am which took forever but nothing since then.

I'd really love to keep this phone, I had a Motorola Droid which had other sync issues when I got it at launch and had to go back to my blackberry (which I really don't won't to do again lol). Any ideas what might fix this? I tried unchecking the check marks an rechecking them and even cleared the gmail cache (not sure if that's of any help but I saw it in some posting, maybe that pertains only to email and not the calendar.)

Thanks
S

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones