Calendar Logic (Rogers Magic)Support

Last Updated:

1. HepC

HepC Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone explain to me the logic behind having the default "My calendar" not sync with google calendar. When creating a new event you have to select the google account calendar and not the "My Calendar" to enable syncing. It wouldn't be a big deal if you can set a default calendar, but you can't (i think).

I also have lost events somehow and I pretty sure that I saved it. This was under the "My Calendar" event cause I didn't actually know about the sync issue. Anyone else experience the MIA events?

thanks.

Advertisement
  2. samuelmaskell

samuelmaskell Well-Known Member

It's really annoying, isn't it? I have no idea why they would to that..

3. pusman83

pusman83 Member

This seems like such a glaring omission. Anyone figure out how to autosync the Magic and Google Calendars?

4. samuelmaskell

samuelmaskell Well-Known Member

Are you serious dude?
    There's two calendars. One that's just on the phone and one that syncs with Google calendar. What we're complaining about is the fact that the default option is the one that doesn't sync so you have to remember to change it every time.

5. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member

@HepC - I think the logic is that not everyone wants to have their calendar sync with Google. That might seem weird to people who really like using "the cloud" but it's still a valid concern that some people have about Google (or _anyone_) having all your data.

So it makes more sense to have it, by default, _not_ sync with Google, otherwise Google could be facing some complaints about "privacy issues".

I would, however, suggest that they should have added the option in the Settings to change your "default" calendar for those who do want to sync with google regularly.

6. pelekys

pelekys New Member

Maybe the solution is for someone to create an application which is just a google calendar application. That way I wouldnt have to keep remembering to change it from the default My Calendar??