Calendar not syncingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Btros

Btros Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm having issues syncing the calendar on my Droid X with my gmail calendar. Most of the time I can't even get the events I just created in the calendar app to save on the phone. I will input the event and click "save" and it will show up for a second or two, then disappear completely. Every now and then it will sync with my Jorte calendar widget but most of the time it never shows up there. When I add the event in Jorte, it won't save it there either.

I can create an event in my gmail calendar on the comp but it won't show up in my phone. When I created a recurring monthly event on the phone's calendar app, I scrolled through month by month and saw it there, then literally watched it disappear.

I've gone through all my settings, verified that my gmail account is linked and synced. Went into my gmail and verified my mobile device by entering the code google sent me.

Advertisement
  2. Btros

Btros Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I went into accounts and selected "sync now" for the calendar, it tried to sync and now says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." I've tried for the last hour, guess I will just keep trying to get it to sync. Let me know if anyone else is having the same problem or if it's just me.

Edit: Figured it out for anyone interested...at work the wireless network is secured and needs a password every time you log onto it but it doesn't prompt you for the password unless you use the internet browser. Turned off my wifi and switched to 3G and it synced.