Calendar notification noises?

Last Updated:

1. alexm2002

alexm2002 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone, firstly, thanks for this site, there are some great tips here!
    Well I got my Captivate just about a week ago and can't seem to figure something out...

I would like to be able to set an appointment, and have it use a loud, noticeable, annoying tone (i.e. to wake me up!). Currently it is using the "On Time" tone, but when I change the notification ringtone, nothing changes. I can change the notification volume, which makes "On Time" louder, but I would like a different sound.
    Any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. fojae

fojae Member

I had the same problem. Could not figure it out tried everything. Eventually I had to root it and replace the on time sound file with the one I wanted. Let me know of you need help doing that.

alexm2002 likes this.
  3. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

I just did some searching, & apparently there's no way to do it via the stock GUI. The suggested solution is to install Calendar Snooze, which lets you select your notification sound. It will play the notification sound you select in addition to the default notification unless you deselect notification sounds in the stock app.

goughy and alexm2002 like this.
  4. alexm2002

Yes, please. I'm already rooted and have side-loading going on, but I don't know how to go about replacing that file.
    Thank you both for the replies... In the mean time I'll give calendar snooze a try!

5. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

See here.

alexm2002 likes this.
  6. alexm2002

Sweet! That's a good workaround for the time being...
    Hopefully it was something overlooked and the Froyo update will fix it!
    Thanks!

7. blitzin

blitzin New Member

it's totally bizarre to me that with all the other "droid does" features, this simple "customize an alarm sound" function "droid doesn't". and i don't mean "oh, just replace the 'on-time' file with a different sound, but call it the same thing' thing". thats hardly user friendly.

Andrewdroid likes this.
  8. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

How do u set appointments on the calender. Everytime I set one I go back to the date and it's not there.