calendar notification not popping up

Last Updated:

1. jeffreynothing43

jeffreynothing43 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hey...i'm having an issue with my calendar notifications and looking for some help.

i'm running the default calendar app that came with the phone and it is properly synched with my google calendar. the synching is working fine; in fact everything is great in that regard. the problem lies in that when i update something from my computer...say, i'm on my home pc and put in an event, even though it shows up in my phone, my phone does not give me a notification of the event.

i have done a couple 'test events' and it appears that when i update an event from my phone, i get a notification...but when i update an event from my pc, my phone does not give me a notification.

any help?

Advertisement
  2. regression

regression Well-Known Member

When you are putting in events on your computer, make sure the notification has a "pop up" notification. If you just use email notification, a reminder isn't set on your phone. I have my defaulting to have both email and pop up reminders when I create an event.

Also, I have noticed if I change the reminder on my phone, it wipes out the email reminder on the event. I have found calendar event notifications could be handled better by Google.

jeffreynothing43 likes this.
  3. jeffreynothing43

i'm looking in 'notifications' on the google calendar...i can't find 'pop up.' where would that be located? thanks...

4. jeffreynothing43

never mind...you were totally right. it was the 'pop up' setting. i found it and it works. thank you so much. it was definitely not obvious though. :)

5. regression

regression Well-Known Member

No problem, it took me a while to figure out.