Calendar: Notification Ringtone issue (after updating to 2.3)

Last Updated:

1. Akaji

Akaji New Member

I just updated to Android 2.3 on my Samsung Intercept the other day. So far, I'm liking most of the changes. However, there's one change that is making me very frustrated - I'm no longer able to select long ringtones (e.g. the ones that you can set for when you're getting a call) on the built-in Calendar app. Instead, the only sound options it gives me are the 1-2 second beeps, whistles, whatever.

Does anyone have any idea how to get access to the longer ringtones?

Similarly - the built-in Alarm app (now called 'Clock') only gives me access to alarm-sounding ringtones. I'd rather have something a bit less obnoxious to wake up to, such as one of the more calming ringtones (or, even better, music that I upload to my phone). Is there something that I'm missing? It seems completely absurd for Google/Samsung to restrict ringtone choice so rigidly.

2. Akaji

Akaji New Member

Herp derp - my mistake, I meant 2.2 (2.2.1 according to my phone).
  3. beer-in-box

beer-in-box Well-Known Member

I had same here. Here is what I did:
    I created these three folders:
    Then I copied my beloved mp3s to these folders.
    After that I was able to assign them to any notifications or rings.
    Hope works for you.
  4. one80oneday

one80oneday Well-Known Member

Is there a way to change the sound for ALL calendar notifications instead of doing it individually? I have thousands of calendar appointments and it would take forever to change them individually...
  5. harhaji

harhaji Member

I am having the same problem. It is irritating for me. I can not hear short sound alerts (they are not even ringtones) and that is what I dont like about HD Desire. I could use some idea how to solve this. Thanks.
  6. bspchiu

bspchiu New Member

Thank you beer-in-box!

Your suggestion of adding media/notifications works for me. Thank you!