Calendar notification soundSupport

Last Updated: 2012-09-19 18:22:46
  1. Ron H

Ron H Well-Known Member

Using calendar>settings>select ringtones, there is a full page of ringtones, with the default "On time" selected.

The default is too quiet, but when I select a different default and click OK, it always reverts to "On time".

Has anyone figured out how to actually change the default tone?

Advertisement
  2. pdl2mtl90

pdl2mtl90 Well-Known Member

It's a bug or shortcoming. One way around it is to download an app called Calendar Event Reminder. Works great.
  3. Ron H

Ron H Well-Known Member

Thanks, I might do that.

I figured out the problem, though. I had downloaded some tones using Zedge, which appear in the tones list. Unfortunately, Samsung won't let them be selected.

I can change tones to any of Samsung's, but none that I downloaded.

Will Calendar Event Reminder allow me to do that?
  4. TeeX

TeeX Active Member

maybe use a file manager like Astro to move the downloaded files from the Zedge folder to your "Notifications" folder?
  5. Ron H

Ron H Well-Known Member

They're already in the notifications folder, but they can't be used. I just confirmed this with Samsung customer support.

I downloaded Calendar Event Reminder as suggested and it does just what I want. Odd that Samsung will let you download and use other phone ringtones, but not notification tones for the calendar.
  6. pdl2mtl90

I agree. I tried for days with no avail and then I found Calendar Event Reminder. Works like it is supposed to. Highly recommended to anyone wanting to change their calendar notification.
  7. TeeX

TeeX Active Member

so how does that work? Does it just change the notification sound?

do you still get the cool lock screen notification?
  8. wcharon

wcharon Member

Does this application only change the notification sound or it also have a repeat reminder in case you are a little far from the phone????

Thanks in advance...
  9. Ron H

Ron H Well-Known Member

Calendar Event Reminder seems to let you do almost anything; it's very configurable. Check it out on Google Play.
  10. wcharon

wcharon Member

Thanks. I will give it a try....I am between Calendar Event Reminder and NoLed that makes a reminder for any missed event.
  11. grunt765

grunt765 Member

Is the Calender Event Reminder Free? I see one for 2.19. I am not into spending money on apps. Thanks,
  12. TeeX

TeeX Active Member

pretty sure that's the one they're referring to
    grunt765 likes this.
  13. pdl2mtl90

Its worth it.
  14. universem2

universem2 Well-Known Member

The app is one of my fav. apps. I swear by it, it also has a nagging alarm which comes in handy for me. :)
  15. Ron H

Ron H Well-Known Member

It seems funny that people will spend $200 for a phone and $80 a month, but won't spend a couple of dollars for a good app. I wonder if they work for free?
  16. melfla

melfla New Member

Just download and install the "calendar snooze" app. It will fix the problem for free.
  17. perryg114

perryg114 Member

Calendar Event Reminder Seems to work. It is not a stand alone app. It works with other calender apps. I have business calendar loaded as well. I don't know if I erase Business Calendar if it would work with the S3 calender app or not. The S3 app is still showing the default ring tone.

Perry